Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Some pics of my hunting land. >

Some pics of my hunting land.

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Some pics of my hunting land.

Old 07-03-2007, 10:17 PM

Default Some pics of my hunting land.

Well, alot of you guys have heard me talk about the hillside on my property that is too thick to bow hunt and being that it is surrounded on all sides by cornfields it is pretty much impossible to hunt the edge of the brush. Well, today I decided to take the camera and get some pictures of the brush to give you guys a better idea of what I am talking about.

This first picture is from the north side of the property looking towards the south. This is the hillside where the deer all bed. The corn goes right up to the edge of the brush with no noticeable gap between them.

This second picture is from the west side of the hillside looking to the east.

This third picture is just to show how thick the brush is. This entire hillside stays this thick and you literally have to belly crawl to get through it (not to mention the two ravines through it which both have very small springs running down them).

These next two pictures are of the otherside of the property. The first one is where I am planning my next foodplot to go in (there is a 4 wheeler trail that comes out in the corner that the deer use VERY heavily) and the second picture is just of the rolling cornfield and is pretty much just to show how beautiful this side of the property is.

And this final picture is where I will be setting up a hang on for the early part of the season. The cornfields in the picture wrap around in a semi-circle pattern so when you stand at the woodline between the two fields and look towards where I was sitting when I took the picture, all you can see is corn. About 100 yards straight back from the center of the picture there is some very heavily used bedding area which consists of the some steep ravines with the tops being covered in deadfalls. I am anxious to see what this spot will bring!

Well, thanks for looking, I hope you enjoyed the pics!
Old 07-03-2007, 10:44 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Some pics of my hunting land.

Youve got some BEAUTIFUL land there! I wish i had fields like that!

I hope this season works out for you and you pull a big one outa there this fall!
Old 07-03-2007, 10:48 PM
Nontypical Buck

Looks good!

You might try setting up in that opening in the middle of the picture. Maybe build a natural ground blind and catch the deer entering the field. I would set up and watch the field one evening before the corn gets too tall and see how the deer are aproaching the field. Its hard to tell by just looking at pics but that looks like a huntable setup.

The other think that catches my attention is the few tallest trees in the middle of the bedding area. That could be a great morning set, catch the deer coming back from the corn to bed...that is of course, if you can get back in there! [8D]

ORIGINAL: Buck Magnet

Old 07-03-2007, 10:57 PM
Nontypical Buck

You might think about trying a tripod or an x pod in the edge of the thick stuff
Old 07-03-2007, 11:10 PM
Site Bouncer

Very nice....lots of great spots to set up.
Old 07-04-2007, 03:20 AM
Nontypical Buck

The thick brush looks like the typical stuff that many folks I know designate as sanctuary and never disturb. However, isn't that the kind of stuff that you claimed in another thread that you guys do drives and pushes through??? [&:] Gotta give 'em a "safe zone" if ya want 'em to live there.
Old 07-04-2007, 11:43 AM

Michael,

That opening you see in the center of the picture is just where an old fence row was, the inside of that opening is planted in corn as well. The taller trees in the picture are located about 30 yards inside the brush. Setting a stand in them would be pretty much pointless as you couldn't see down through the brush canopy to see whats walking around.

Cornfed,

Yep, we have done deer drives through this brush in the past. It has been a few years now though. We just don't have enough people who hunt with us to even do any drives that would be remotely worth it. This spot is pretty much un-hunted now. Last year the corn was replaced with soybeans so I actually got to hunt the outskirts of the brush but I didn't have much luck. That is the hillside where the wide buck lived all of last year!
Old 07-04-2007, 01:08 PM

The deer arent going to be in that corn field this early in the year. They wont be using it until later in the year.

Any bean fields around you? I would also let the deer have the thick stuff and not run them out. Hunt the edges!
Old 07-04-2007, 01:42 PM
Super Moderator

Nice looking property. Wanna sell it hehehehe
Old 07-04-2007, 10:04 PM

looks great good luck this year

Quick Reply: Some pics of my hunting land.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.