Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
Reward Increased for Information About Elk Poacher >

Reward Increased for Information About Elk Poacher

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Reward Increased for Information About Elk Poacher

Old 12-26-2002, 12:54 PM

Default Reward Increased for Information About Elk Poacher

Reward Increased for Information About Elk Poachers

December 20, 2002
Reward Increased for Information About Elk Poachers

A member of the Rocky Mountain Elk Foundation, from Walland, has stepped forward to help with the search for information about three of the state's new elk that were recently found dead, the result of being shot by poachers. The individual has offered up to $2,000 to match the reward already being offered jointly by the Tennessee Conservation League, Tennessee Wildlife Resources Foundation, Rocky Mountain Elk Foundation, and Tennessee Wildlife Resources Agency (TWRA).

"I heard that three of the elk had been poached and it really made me mad," the donor said when offering the reward. "The Rocky Mountain Elk Foundation and TWRA have done a lot of work to get this elk restoration program underway. I want to do all I can do to get these poachers caught. We have to send a strong message that this action will not be tolerated."

With the addition of this increased reward, the amount now offered is a reward of up to $4,000 for information which leads to the arrest and conviction of elk poachers.

An offer, such as this from an individual, certainly shows the importance of the elk restoration program and the commitment of this individual that the program is successful," said Bob Ripley, TWRA Region IV Manager. "Hopefully the offer of this increased reward will bring someone forward with information about these elk poachers."

Over a three-week period beginning in mid-November, two bull elk, the largest being a 5X5 and weighing almost 800 pounds, were found dead within a mile of the release site on Royal Blue Wildlife Management Area. A third elk was a cow that was found dead in Morgan County. Each of these elk had been shot and left intact.

Anyone having any information that would be helpful to the investigation is urged to call the TWRA poaching hotline 1-800-831-1174. That line will be answered 7:00 a.m. to midnight seven days a week. All information received will be held in strictest confidence.

Host of The Missouri Sportsmen's Radio Show

www.mosportsmen.com
Old 12-26-2002, 03:47 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Reward Increased for Information About Elk Poacher

Whoever would do something as senseless as this deserves the maximum penalty allowable. What a shame!

Old 12-26-2002, 08:25 PM
Nontypical Buck

I dont believe that there aren't any ethical(real) hunters that know who did this or the reward wouldn't even be offered. They would already have the slobs responsible!

<---Doug---<<<
Old 12-26-2002, 08:54 PM

why would they just shoot them and leve them lay? i would think they did it for more than just to shoot them. antlers meat something. this is just discusting. i hope they get cought and do some time behind bars to think about it.