Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Our new bowhunting lodge!!!!!!!!!! >

Our new bowhunting lodge!!!!!!!!!!

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Our new bowhunting lodge!!!!!!!!!!

Old 07-02-2007, 07:01 AM
Banned

Default RE: Our new bowhunting lodge!!!!!!!!!!

ORIGINAL: Monie

Do you plan on packing it in anywhere? If so, how the heck will you manage that?
Where we elk hunt is at the end of a jeep road. You can drive to the camp spot and then do daily hikes to get up into the good elk country. With a boat hunt, I will be able to get close to the camp site with the boat.
Old 07-02-2007, 07:13 AM

looking good ,nice deal on the tent
Old 07-02-2007, 07:25 AM

Very nice hardcore. The Potlatch paper company leases tracts of land in Northern Minnesota for pennies compared to what you'd pay an outfitter or some farms. You have to do your homework and find the right spot, but if I remember right when I looked into this last year, I think you could lease 40 acres for around $500 per year. And you get this forthe entire year so if you can find a spot good for bear, deer and turkey hunting, that's a sweet deal. I checked their web site last week and they have no land available at this time. Not sure what the deal is but I'm sure more will come open in the future. A reasonable option for an out of state hunt to set up your lodge. Good luck and again, sweet set-up.
Old 07-02-2007, 07:41 AM
Banned

Thanks for the info.
Old 07-02-2007, 07:49 AM
Nontypical Buck

Very nice. You will be hunting in style this fall. Good luck.
Old 07-02-2007, 07:51 AM

Nice job man! Looks really big!
Old 07-02-2007, 08:02 AM
Banned

It is. The main sleeping area could easily fit 10 cots. Not that you would want to fit that many but when hunting with just another couple, it will be plenty of room. I like the idea of a a seperate cooking area. I am going to buy a roll of outdoor carpeting and keep it rolled up during the day, but roll it out at night so that you can walk around with your boots off on a clean floor. 1st thing in the AM then roll it back up and leave against the wall all day so that it stays clean. TeeJay gave me that idea, otherwise in a day the carpet would be filthy from being walked on with boots. A lantern hanging from the ceiling will provide great light and I also have two big (I call them church or garage sale tables) that I will set up inside to put bows, hunting equipment on, and to cook off of in the cook tent. This tent is made of heavy duck cloth and so is the vestible.
Old 07-02-2007, 07:46 PM
Nontypical Buck

Like we dont have enough Ioweegans up here now ! Pffft!

ORIGINAL: chucker34

Very nice hardcore. The Potlatch paper company leases tracts of land in Northern Minnesota for pennies compared to what you'd pay an outfitter or some farms. You have to do your homework and find the right spot, but if I remember right when I looked into this last year, I think you could lease 40 acres for around $500 per year. And you get this forthe entire year so if you can find a spot good for bear, deer and turkey hunting, that's a sweet deal. I checked their web site last week and they have no land available at this time. Not sure what the deal is but I'm sure more will come open in the future. A reasonable option for an out of state hunt to set up your lodge. Good luck and again, sweet set-up.
Old 07-02-2007, 07:47 PM
Nontypical Buck

I spent 2 years of my life sleeping in one of those damn things, I dont care if I EVER sleep in another GP tent.
Old 07-02-2007, 07:55 PM

I must say in the first picture it looks a little used and abused [:'(], but the tent doesn't look too bad!

Quick Reply: Our new bowhunting lodge!!!!!!!!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.