Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Muzzy Stories Good or Bad >

Muzzy Stories Good or Bad

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Muzzy Stories Good or Bad

Old 06-30-2007, 09:05 PM

Default RE: Muzzy Stories Good or Bad

Shoulder of a deer?
Old 06-30-2007, 10:44 PM
Giant Nontypical

They have not failed me yet, nothing but love for them from the bloodcreek [8D]I, and my son shoot the three blade 100 grain.
Old 06-30-2007, 11:52 PM

Have to agree with Rackluster.... Muzzy's all the way. Never seen one malfunction and flat gets the job done. No-nonsense broadhead. Maybe not as "cool" as some of the newer ones, but NONE are better.
Old 07-01-2007, 12:59 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Roskoe

Shoulder of a deer?
yep my rest got knocked off and i hi the deer high and left of the vitals in the shoulder bone he got away alive
Old 07-01-2007, 02:19 PM

Wow. You must have scored a direct hit on the ball/socket of the shoulder. Muzzy's are known for superb bone penetration. They will often punch right through the shoulder blade of an elk. But that ball/socket of the shoulder or hip are pretty tough for any arrow to get through.
Old 07-01-2007, 02:24 PM
Nontypical Buck

about 2 to 3 inches of penetration and 20 drops of blood all he did was get a shot. It was directly on the shoulder and high close to no mans land and i knew it after he was running off[:'(]
Old 07-01-2007, 02:24 PM
Nontypical Buck

I switched from Muzzy 100gr. 3-blades to Montecs. Im not crazy about the idea of having an aluminum body on my broadhead. I had a few that didnt fit square onto my Axis shafts right out of the package. They have been known to mess up HIT inserts after hitting anything harder than foam also.
Old 07-01-2007, 02:31 PM

I am also currently using the Montecs - but I still have a fairly high regard for the Muzzy. A guy I know who guides for one of the famous high dollar ranches in New Mexico swears by them. In fact, they won't allow expandables on this property.

PSE - when you put the Muzzy on the Axis arrow with the HIT insert, did you use the broadhead adapters?
Old 07-01-2007, 02:36 PM
Nontypical Buck

Ive killed quite a few deer with them. I have had trouble in the past gettin them to fly right though
Old 07-01-2007, 02:40 PM
Nontypical Buck

i just dont like how flimsy the blades are and how they dont fly good, thats why i dont shoot muzzy

Quick Reply: Muzzy Stories Good or Bad

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.