Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 scouting yesterday eve. Im very excited >

scouting yesterday eve. Im very excited

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

scouting yesterday eve. Im very excited

Old 06-29-2007, 08:43 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default scouting yesterday eve. Im very excited

My neighbor came over yesterday eve about 20 min. before sun set. He said you better drive down the road and have a look in one of the bean fields. Wow!! 9 bucks, five were already big, three of the five were already past the ears and already getting tall. they have a couple months growing left yet, so they should be some dandys.He said he had seen four others, on the back side of the same woods and one was a bruiser. he said it was already around 3" past its ears and way up already. I believe this is BIG Red, a well known buck in the area that i have been watching for the past four years, and have game pics of two years ago. He dissapers before the season every year []Bad thing is with the crop rotation, its putting them on the side of ditch where the bean fields borders a hwy. now everyone is seeing them. our lease is on the other side of the ditch, but with that many bucks, some are bound to end up on our side when the corn ripens for the eating and they ungroup just before the season. Im excited now and the blood is boiling. good luck everyone!!
Old 06-29-2007, 08:44 AM
Dominant Buck

Default RE: scouting yesterday eve. Im very excited

Lisa and I saw +/- 30 last night in the bean fields.

Good luck!
Old 06-29-2007, 08:47 AM
Giant Nontypical

Step 1 locate big bucks---- Check

Step 2 kill the big buck---- D'OH!

Good luck Dan, I know you got a big one in you this fall! Get some pics of those guys next time so we can see them too
Old 06-29-2007, 08:50 AM
Boone & Crockett

You missed Step 1.5 Invite your buddy Germ to hunt
Old 06-29-2007, 08:53 AM
Giant Nontypical

They'll hit those beans hard until they turn brown. Once that happens, the corn should be on, and they'll stack up in the corn fields. Looks like it will play right into your hands. Hunting corn can be frustrating, though. No telling when they're gonna come and go, b/c they really feel secure in those cornstalks.

I'm sure you won't have any trouble filling a tag in there.
Old 06-29-2007, 08:54 AM
Giant Nontypical

Step 2 is always the killer!! My neighbor has a camera in there right now. There are two woods side by side that they are staying in, and they are only about 5 acres each. My camera will be placed on the back corner this weekend. but i dare not enter the woods. I have to walk a 1/2 mile, lay a 1"x6" x12' pine board over the ditch to keep from sinking up to my waist in the silt just to get the camera placed. its worth it though, i have done it before. If i dont get pics and he does, i will scan his and post em.
ORIGINAL: buckeyebuckhntr

Step 1 locate big bucks---- Check

Step 2 kill the big buck---- D'OH!

Good luck Dan, I know you got a big one in you this fall! Get some pics of those guys next time so we can see them too
Old 06-29-2007, 08:56 AM
Giant Nontypical

Come on over G, but no spooning!!
ORIGINAL: Germ

You missed Step 1.5 Invite your buddy Germ to hunt
Old 06-29-2007, 09:01 AM
Nontypical Buck

congrats!

I might have to take my little girl out scoutin tonight. You guys think a 2.85 yr old would do alright sittin in the back of a truck watchin deer??!??

Old 06-29-2007, 09:03 AM
Nontypical Buck

must be nice to have alot of bucks runnin around already. havent seen but a couple but hey, better than none right
Old 06-29-2007, 09:24 AM
Nontypical Buck

I had a buck in my front yard this morning and his antlers were already outside his ears. Didn't see much in the way of eye guards though. Saw another uphill last night while mowing the lawn. They're eating my flowers/grapevines/garden [:@]. They've knocked down my deer fence 4 or 5 times.

Quick Reply: scouting yesterday eve. Im very excited

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.