Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Idea for Charity Donation >

Idea for Charity Donation

Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Idea for Charity Donation

Old 06-29-2007, 06:29 AM
Dominant Buck

Default Idea for Charity Donation

As an aside to what Quick is doing with the "Put your $$$" thread.....a few people discussed the desire to get involved....but proposed the $$$ going to a charity.

I spoke to Justin about this, yesterday. he's all for it....and gave me a link to a kid's charity.

Here's "A" plan.

After all contest members have signed up and been assigned.....each team member "pledge" a certain amount of inches he hopes to contribute to his team. If he meets his "pledge".....nothing. If he doesn't....he contributes ($_____) to the aforementioned charity.

I'm going to give either way......and if everyone involved only put forth $10.....then we would have contributed over $4,000.00 to a worthwhile cause, last year. If whichever team I'm on doesn't meet the $100 mark....I'll make up the difference.

What say ye? Good idea? Proposed changes? NOTHING is set. It's in the planning stage.

This forum allows us the opportunity to HAVE this contest.....and $10 (or more....or less) doesn't seem like a big price to pay for what we get out of this. That's MY thought, anyways.
Old 06-29-2007, 06:32 AM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Idea for Charity Donation

You are a good man! I will put myself up for that. Is there going to be a seperate thread started for just that contest.
Old 06-29-2007, 06:35 AM
Dominant Buck

I think we can do a thread after teams have been assigned. Thinking ahead....the team captain (or a volunteer rep. from each team) could accumulate the $$$ from that team. ALL $$$ made out to the charity....so that each individual could claim their donation. Team Rep. simply gets the donations together and sends it in one fell swoop.
Old 06-29-2007, 06:36 AM
Nontypical Buck

What charity is this going to? Still in the planning stages as well?
Old 06-29-2007, 06:39 AM
Dominant Buck

Here's what Justin has proposed:

That’s fine with me. We’ve done some work with the Benefit 4 Kids organization in the past, which is much like the Catch A Dream/Make A Wish foundation that benefits terminally ill children who want to go on hunting trips. I would throw that out and see what everyone thinks about it. Their website is B4K.org and they are a great, great bunch of people. You can make donations via Paypal directly through their website, which would work out great for everyone who wanted to do it, and relieve someone of having to collect all the money.

Justin
I just thought it would be easier to keep up with the $$$ if one person from each team handled the donations......checks or M.O.'s ONLY (made out to the foundation)....and sent them in.
Old 06-29-2007, 06:44 AM
Giant Nontypical

"Hunt of a Lifetime" would be a very worthy organization for this donation.......our archery club host a 3D shoot every year where 100% of the proceeds goes to this cause.

http://www.huntofalifetime.org/

Old 06-29-2007, 06:45 AM
Dominant Buck

Matters not, to me, Matt/PA....I just asked Justin for a "line" on one he knew of. I'm not familiar with any hunting related charities. We could pick one or spread the love.

It'll be majority rule. I have no stake.
Old 06-29-2007, 06:47 AM
Nontypical Buck

sounds great! Im all for us pulling together as a community to help others!

Heck, I plan on donating atleast 1 whole deer this year to HFH.
Old 06-29-2007, 06:48 AM
Typical Buck

I say a hunt of a lifetime would be ideal. Great to get it on to a t.v. show, showing that it was sponsered by these fun contests.
Old 06-29-2007, 06:49 AM
Giant Nontypical

Jeff..I certainly agree that this is a much better idea, than the other, BUT then "our goal" would be to not give.

How about for the HNI Staff supporting this contest, we each donate a said amount in order to participate. That way there is no free ride. We win and charity wins and HNI wins too.

I'm sure there will be nay-sayers but it will also cut down on the sign-ups that don't participate.

Quick Reply: Idea for Charity Donation

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.