Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 "How to become a better Archer"... >

"How to become a better Archer"...

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

"How to become a better Archer"...

Old 06-26-2007, 08:34 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: "How to become a better Archer"...

Get your hands on anything written by Randy Ulmer and devour it over and over again until it sinks into your memory.
Old 06-26-2007, 08:46 PM
Giant Nontypical

I try my best to shoot every day of the year. Even if it is only one shot. I make it the best shot I can. After all, when hunting I hope to make just one shot, the best one I can. I try to shoot much more than one shot when practicingbut if that is all that time permits, one will do.
Old 06-26-2007, 10:17 PM
Fork Horn

Squeeeze the trigger, follow through...allow the shot to happen. Simplest things can be the hardest to execute consistently!
Old 06-27-2007, 06:34 AM
Nontypical Buck

Yes,Randy Ulmer,Terry Wunderle,Bernie Pellerite,Kirk Etheridge.Read their stuff and put their guidance and suggestions to use.
A huge factor for me was learning to relax,getting the tension out of my body.Also if the shot doesn't feel right or you are not comfortable on target let down,burn that practice in to your brain.There is nothing that say's that you have to shoot that arrow,let down,give your lungs and your nervous system about 60 seconds and begin your shot sequence again.Take plenty of time between shots,it's about quality not quantity.
Old 06-27-2007, 06:41 AM
Giant Nontypical

There is absolutely NOTHING that works better to make you a better archer than hanging out with and shooting with archers that are better than you. If there's an archery club in your neck of the woods, join it and support it.