Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Possible Contenders >

Possible Contenders

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Possible Contenders

Old 06-26-2007, 12:31 PM
Site Bouncer

Default Possible Contenders

Well, I went looking for a bow today since my other two decided to crap out on me (see my when it rains thread).I was able to shoot a few and was impressed withall of them.

First up was the Browning Vapor. I shot this bow the last time when I ended up buying the Ross and it is a very very nice bow to shoot, very impressed with it more so this time around for some reason. It's bulky and a little heavy but it feels bullet proof(I know it's not, it just feels that way).

Next I shot a Ross CR337, it shot just like the CR334....great! Like all of the Ross bows the fit and finish on them are second to none, great craftsmanship on these bows. It felt balanced in my hand more so than the CR334 which felt alittle top heavy.

Next up was a Fred Bear Code. This bow surprised me very much, it shot great and felt even better in my hands, It also feels very sturdy and rugged.Ofthe three, the Code got me on target faster than them all and that's saying something because I settled in very quickly with both theVapor and CR337 as well.

I must say that the Fred Bear Code and the Browning Vapor are the front runners right now, but I still need to shoot a couple more before I make my decision.

I will keep you all in the loop.
Old 06-26-2007, 12:40 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Possible Contenders

I think the Fred Bear bows are awesome and i think they get overlooked a lot. Also the dont carry the big price tag like the big names!
Old 06-26-2007, 12:51 PM
Nontypical Buck

sounds like you know what you are looking for, all of the bows you stated would be a good bow. Let us know what you go with
Old 06-26-2007, 01:12 PM
Site Bouncer

ORIGINAL: MichaelHunsucker

I think the Fred Bear bows are awesome and i think they get overlooked a lot. Also the dont carry the big price tag like the big names!
I couldn't agree more....I was very impressed with it....very.
Old 06-26-2007, 01:20 PM

I read that Fred Bear invested a good deal of money into this new line and the price remained very considerable. I have been wondering about those Brownings. With as nice as they look they are never talked about. At least that I have seen. Does anyone own one?
Old 06-26-2007, 01:30 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: BigJ12

What brands does your shop carry?
Old 06-26-2007, 10:31 PM
Site Bouncer

ORIGINAL: Cougars09

The shop that I went to today carries Mathews, PSE, AR, Browning, Bowtech, Diamond,Fred Bear and used to carry Ross but either doesn't anymore or they were all out. The CR337 I shot was used.
Old 06-27-2007, 03:55 AM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: Cougars09

The shop that I went to today carries Mathews, PSE, AR, Browning, Bowtech, Diamond,Fred Bear and used to carry Ross but either doesn't anymore or they were all out. The CR337 I shot was used.
I'd say the Ross's were all out, Ross is really behind this year.

Shoot the Diamond Black Ice for sure! You might be walking out with it if you do and yes it is a single cam
Old 06-27-2007, 06:11 AM
Giant Nontypical

John, I shot "The Truth" bow when I was looking, and I thought it was pretty nice ...... can you shoot the Iron Mace? Do so if you can .. right around the price range your looking at ..
Old 06-27-2007, 06:32 AM
Dominant Buck

BigJ....gotta ask...

With all the reviews (good ones) the Guardian has been getting......is there a reason you aren't considering it?

Quick Reply: Possible Contenders

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.