Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Antler Growth

Old 06-24-2007, 08:14 PM
Fork Horn

Default Antler Growth

Just wondering when the heat of the growing season starts and ends for the average bucks. And also how much growing would you say the average deer still has for this year? I got a shooter in my eyes! Sorry no pics.
Thanks
Old 06-26-2007, 02:53 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Antler Growth

here bucks are pretty much done growing after the first week of August. I've been seeing a few here and there while glassing..Mid July and its really evident of what they will be packing come hunting season. Best of luck with your buck your seeing..
Old 06-26-2007, 06:12 AM
Nontypical Buck

basically to full size by mid august. Right now they are puttin on some serious inches.

Check out the pics of the deer I have from a little bit ago in this thread:

http://www.huntingnet.com//forum/tm.aspx?m=2172423

You can see how much horn he put on in only 10 days! (Im hoping he turns out to be a 150+ 10!)
Old 06-26-2007, 08:05 AM
Nontypical Buck

Shed33 pretty much summed it up, by August that's pretty much what you get.
Old 06-26-2007, 09:35 AM
Nontypical Buck

I think that they do MOST of their growing from mid June to mid July, but like the others said they are usually DONE around august
Old 06-26-2007, 11:23 AM
Nontypical Buck

Does anyone have pictures from years past of a mature buck developing his rack? I have a couple that I am watching, but this is my first year with a camera, so I really don't know what antlers at this stage may become later on other than the obvious statements like "he'll be a good one" or "he's a little whipper-snapper".
Old 06-26-2007, 11:35 AM
Nontypical Buck

We actually had one here that was done in mid june. It surprised me alot but for the most part i would agree with august.
Old 06-26-2007, 12:01 PM
Nontypical Buck

I got a bunch of pictures on my trail cam thread from this year...they are still growin!

I got tons of pictures from last year, is there a particular date that you want pics from? Ill postfew.

Post your pics up!
Old 06-26-2007, 12:39 PM
Nontypical Buck

I do not know why Michael, but the pics you post do not show up on my computer. Do you have a trail camera journal or whatever they call it set up on here? I am basically interested in just seeing a 2 year old and a 3 year old grow throughout the summer. Any pictures are always fun to look at
Old 06-26-2007, 12:41 PM
Nontypical Buck

Hmmm...not sure why you can't see the pics...what your email address ill send you pictures of some bucks progressing throughout the summer

Quick Reply: Antler Growth

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.