Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Played with an OLD PSE today....(Video) >

Played with an OLD PSE today....(Video)

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Played with an OLD PSE today....(Video)

Old 06-24-2007, 06:39 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default Played with an OLD PSE today....(Video)

Before anyone says anything, I know the DL is too long. It's about 1/2" long to begin with and then add an inch or more loop and you are WAY overdrawn. I wasn't complaining though I FINALLY have something to shoot until I get the Tribute . The draw cycle on the bow is VERY harsh considering it was the beginning of the "speed" era, with harsh cams and low brace heights. It pulls hard at the beginning and then you just have to try to easy it over the break at the end. It pulls ALOT harder than the poundage says and is even tougher than the X-Force. It's a PSE Brute Force, I believe it's a 95' or 96'. It's a really fast bow for it's time with a 318 IBO I believe. We all remember how LOUD the first era speed bows were and this one is no exception. I was pulling about 66lbs @ 29" (without the loop) shooting xx75 2213's.

here's the first vid, hope it works.

http://s66.photobucket.com/albums/h245/cougars_2009/?action=view&current=shootingpse-1.flv

and this one I DIDN'T hit the camera, just the impact of the arrow on the target knocked it over.

http://s66.photobucket.com/albums/h245/cougars_2009/?action=view&current=osnfso.flv
Old 06-24-2007, 06:44 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Played with an OLD PSE today....(Video)

the 2nd one give you an idea of what the deer hears and see's. The bow is shooting around 240 ish.
Old 06-24-2007, 07:27 PM
Nontypical Buck

I see why you put the disclaimer in there about not shooting the camera. The sound is the same by the target as it is by the bow. Loud.
Old 06-24-2007, 07:29 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: davepjr71

I see why you put the disclaimer in there about not shooting the camera. The sound is the same by the target as it is by the bow. Loud.

Yeah, we all remember how these first speed bows were. I think the Baby G was a LOUD one too. I told my stepdad that he should definately put some limbsavers on there, catwhiskers, and whatever he could find lol.
Old 06-24-2007, 07:34 PM
Nontypical Buck

The old bows like that would something to test the true effectiveness of an STS.

Old 06-24-2007, 07:38 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: davepjr71

The old bows like that would something to test the true effectiveness of an STS.

I had actually thought about getting a Bow Rattler to test and then put on my Tribute when it gets in. They look pretty good, and they are adjustable.

http://www.downsouthhuntingforums.com/viewtopic.php?t=14452
Old 06-24-2007, 07:42 PM
Nontypical Buck

That's pretty slick and almost $10 cheaper.
Old 06-24-2007, 08:46 PM
Giant Nontypical

OLD bow?!!? I've got socks older than that bow! Heck, they're even older than the shooter.[&:][8D]

I know you didn't ask for a critique, but your groups would tighten up considerably if you'd quit dropping your bow arm as soon as you release. FOLLOW THROUGH!
Old 06-24-2007, 08:48 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: Arthur P

OLD bow?!!? I've got socks older than that bow! Heck, they're even older than the shooter.[&:][8D]

I know you didn't ask for a critique, but your groups would tighten up considerably if you'd quit dropping your bow arm as soon as you release. FOLLOW THROUGH!
I know. This bow didn't fit me at all, I was just happy to be shooting. This is the first I've shot since I sold me bow in Feb. When I get the Tribute in, it'll fit me and then I can get back into form.