Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Guess what I did today?????(Revised) >

Guess what I did today?????(Revised)

Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Guess what I did today?????(Revised)

Old 06-22-2007, 08:11 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Guess what I did today?????

I am looking for a place to take my boy with more deer than where I am right now. If you don't mind shoot me a PM with the info. Thanks
Old 06-22-2007, 08:12 PM

Default RE: Guess what I did today?????(Revised)

cool. Does resemble a rottweiler. (spelling?)
Old 06-22-2007, 08:19 PM
Dominant Buck

Call Spencer @ Bladerunners. I'll shoot you his e-mail on Monday.....but I'd call if I were you. You can let ME know what YOU find out!!
Old 06-22-2007, 08:32 PM
Nontypical Buck

He is a really mean ass black bear for black bears any way.
Old 06-23-2007, 04:34 AM
Nontypical Buck

Also no offense intended but I agree with Dan.How many black bears has anyone seen with that type of aggressive posture? I had a rug done a couple of years ago and the taxidermist asked me if I wanted the mouth open or closed.I didn't even have to think about it,closed.
Taxidermy is art work,and I appreciate creating an image how ever the person who killed the animal wishes,for me I want the animal to appear as it naturally would in the wild.
Old 06-23-2007, 04:38 AM
Nontypical Buck

I forgot to mention,nice work! I do like the mount better without the wrinkles.
Old 06-23-2007, 05:10 AM
Giant Nontypical

Very nice work...and Mucho better without the wrinkles
Old 06-23-2007, 06:33 AM
Dominant Buck

I'm with the wifey on this one. The wrinkles suck. They kind of make it look like something from a Disney cartoon. Much better with the wrinkles gone. Don't ever do that again.
Old 06-23-2007, 08:09 AM

I'm not a taxidermist, so don't take this wrong.

Don't animals, when they become agressive by showing their teeth, curl their lips to show their canines and incisors? In other words, shouldn't the upper lip be curled up?

I like it better without the wrinkles and would prefer a more docile mode with the mouth closed, but with it open I seem to always remember the lips being curled to expose the teeth better.
Old 06-23-2007, 01:04 PM

ORIGINAL: tsoc

Also no offense intended but I agree with Dan.How many black bears has anyone seen with that type of aggressive posture? I had a rug done a couple of years ago and the taxidermist asked me if I wanted the mouth open or closed.I didn't even have to think about it,closed.
Taxidermy is art work,and I appreciate creating an image how ever the person who killed the animal wishes,for me I want the animal to appear as it naturally would in the wild.
Shove a donut or something in his mouth or whatever they eat at the bait barrel.I have never even killed one so I am one to be talking. For someone that does not knowfrom seeing them it looks like it would eatyou.

Guy in Illinois had a NICE deer mounted and for a joke had a set of Wolves teeth snarlingput in the deer mount. He needed slapping.

Quick Reply: Guess what I did today?????(Revised)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.