Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Guess what I did today?????(Revised) >

Guess what I did today?????(Revised)

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Guess what I did today?????(Revised)

Old 06-21-2007, 08:02 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Guess what I did today?????

ORIGINAL: _Dan

Looks great, but I have a question. I don't know if its your bear or not, so I don't mean to offend anyone. Why do people have black bears mounted with their mouths open like they're ferocious? They are a doscile animal and its extremely rare to see them like that. Just curious.
Yeah, I bet he was just smilling when he got shot. Probably didn't piss him off at all. I gonna be different and say I love the wrinkles, really makes him look mean!
Old 06-21-2007, 08:03 PM
Nontypical Buck

Thanks again guys. You guys keep it up and I may blush.
Old 06-21-2007, 08:07 PM
Nontypical Buck

If you can do that i wouldnt worry about the wrinkles!
Old 06-21-2007, 08:23 PM

ORIGINAL: nctaxi

Dan - I agree with you but they pay the bills. I actually turn all of the "attacking" . I was at our local bow shop and had a group of hunters going to Canada bear hunting, so I met them there to discuss some things. They have an attacking bear there and I hate it, and mentioned that I would do any bear mounts except one like that. One guy chimes up that he wants his like that and I told him " I don't mount squirrels playing golf or bears attacking". He said "well I am paying", I told him when he can have a bear attacking him like that and tellme what color his tongue is, I'll mount it.This pose I figure I can justify by it may be fighting with another bear over bait.

Thanks again guys. It's nice to hear all the compliments.

I figured that was the case. As a bear outfitter I always ask the first time hunters how they are going to have it mounted when they get one. 50% of the time they say they want the half wall mount in the attack position. I always tell them that by the end of the week and they see how the bears reallyare they will change their mind.......and they always do.

I had to edit an obvious spelling error before PT the spelling police showed up.[:-]
Old 06-21-2007, 08:29 PM
Giant Nontypical

wrinkles, yes, it looks awesome!!
Old 06-21-2007, 08:36 PM
Fork Horn

I think it is a great job. But I do have a comment about the picture. Did anybody else notice that the deer horns are placed perfectly behind his head(nctaxi) reminds me of Bullwinkle...........lol
Old 06-22-2007, 05:27 AM
Giant Nontypical

I hate the wrinkles and thought that to myself before even seeing the wrinkle question.. Great job..but not a fan at all of artistic impression.... blah
Old 06-22-2007, 05:32 AM
Giant Nontypical

very nicely done, the wrinkles really add to livelieness of the bear, i give you 10000000000000000000000000000000000000 thumbs up!
Old 06-22-2007, 05:37 AM
Dominant Buck

nc....I've seen your work. This is a good indication of said. You gave your customer what he wanted.

Impressive.
Old 06-22-2007, 05:44 AM
Nontypical Buck

Looks good! Is that the new Cast nose/lip,jawset system through McKenzie?

Quick Reply: Guess what I did today?????(Revised)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.