HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Bowhunting (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting-18/)
-   -   Venison Jerky Recipe For My BowHunting Friends (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting/195077-venison-jerky-recipe-my-bowhunting-friends.html)

PreacherTony 12-03-2008 11:02 AM

RE: Venison Jerky Recipe For My BowHunting Friends

BUMP :D

Tony’s Venison Jerky

2 c Worcestershire sauce
2c cup Soy sauce
½ c Liquid Smoke
1 c Red Hot Sauce
6 TB Honey
3 TB Mustard
6 TB Garlic Salt
2 TB Pepper
4 TB Onion Powder
1 c Brown Sugar
To Add HEAT[/b]
2 ½ TB Crushed Red Pepper or
¼ c Tabasco sauce

Mix all marinade ingredients in a sauce pan and bring to a boil, stirring occasionally. Remove from heat and let cool completely. Pour into plastic container and refrigerate until needed. Measure out 2 cups of mixture for every 3# of meat to be marinated. Pour over meat slices that are already in a quart size zip lock bag. Thoroughly wet all sides of meat. Refrigerate overnight or at least 6 hours. Rotate bag every few hours, working the marinade over all meat. Drain the meat and spread the meat (be sure to NOT overlap) onto trays in single layers. If using a dehydrator, dry for 4-5 hours, (depending on thickness) checking every 2 hours. Make sure to rotate trays
(bottom to top and flipping the meat as needed), or place trays in the oven and dry at 145’ for the first 4 hours then set oven to 130’ until dry( approx. 4-8 hours). Jerky should be hard but not brittle. Blot up any fat that appears with a paper towel. * For a chewy texture, slice the meat with the grain, or across the grain for a more tender jerky.

[/quote]

buckmaster 12-03-2008 11:02 AM

RE: Venison Jerky Recipe For My Bow Hunting Friends

Bump for all you guys whos got some deer on the ground by now.;)I'm starting some today.

buckmaster 12-03-2008 11:06 AM

LOL I beat you by 19 seconds!!!

PreacherTony 12-03-2008 11:10 AM

ORIGINAL: buckmaster

LOL I beat you by 19 seconds!!!
Dang it!!! ...gettin slow in my old age![8D]

IL_BOW_MAN 12-03-2008 12:42 PM

I just polished off a bag I had at my desk this morning!! MMMMMMMMMMMM good.

PreacherTony 12-03-2008 02:21 PM

ORIGINAL: IL_BOW_MAN

Hey Mitch! My mail lady musta stole the stuff you sent me [8D]

Glad you enjoyed it, Bro :)

NCRemington700 12-03-2008 02:26 PM

Tony!! I made a batch of your jerky this past weekend...great stuff man!! For some odd reason, everybody wants some! :D Thanks again buddy!

IL_BOW_MAN 12-03-2008 02:42 PM

ORIGINAL: PreacherTony

Hey Mitch! My mail lady musta stole the stuff you sent me [8D]

Glad you enjoyed it, Bro :)
I have 3 more bags at home tony...send me your address and I will be more then happy to send you some!! A form of payment so to say for your recipe!!

kdsberman 12-03-2008 02:53 PM

RE: Venison Jerky Recipe For My Bow Hunting Friends

Tony, how thick do you cut your pieces of meat? Ive been looking for a good recipe to use instead of my mediocre tasting jerky, and I think i found a winner. Thanks!

PreacherTony 12-03-2008 03:40 PM

ORIGINAL: NCRemington700

Tony!! I made a batch of your jerky this past weekend...great stuff man!! For some odd reason, everybody wants some! :D Thanks again buddy!
You got it, David! I'm glad you enjoyed it!!! :)

I have 3 more bags at home tony...send me your address and I will be more then happy to send you some!! A form of payment so to say for your recipe!!

Mitch, you enjoy it ... I was just playin .... BTW, has anyone told you you look like Aragorn on The Lord of the Rings???:D

ORIGINAL: kdsberman

Tony, how thick do you cut your pieces of meat? Ive been looking for a good recipe to use instead of my mediocre tasting jerky, and I think i found a winner. Thanks!

1/8 - 3/8" thick ...you can do nuggets using stew meat also ....those are great ...... i hope you enjoy!!!