HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Bowhunting (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting-18/)
-   -   Venison Jerky Recipe For My BowHunting Friends (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting/195077-venison-jerky-recipe-my-bowhunting-friends.html)

NCRemington700 12-04-2008 09:15 AM

RE: Venison Jerky Recipe For My BowHunting Friends

Or have the processor slice it up while they have your deer! :D

PreacherTony 12-04-2008 09:29 AM

ORIGINAL: NCRemington700

Or have the processor slice it up while they have your deer! :D
The money you save by processing ONE deer will more than pay for a slicer you can use till you die ....

besides, i respect the deer more than to send it to a processor [8D]

NavyDeerHunter 12-04-2008 01:49 PM

I'm on my third batch with PT's recipe. I did tone down the Worcestershire sause some after the first batcy, but that's just me. I don't use that stuff on anything else cause I just don't like it.
The amount listed in the recipe will do right at 6 pounds of meat. For me, 3 pounds is a "batch" so I just put half in the fridge for next time. I currently have 6 "batches" cut up and frozen...ready to be made.

Thanks again PT. Not to over inflate your already busting ego, ;)but this stuff is the bomb-diggity.

LittleChief 12-04-2008 01:51 PM

ORIGINAL: NavyDeerHunter

Thanks again PT. Not to over inflate your already busting ego, ;)but this stuff is the bomb-diggity.
Man, you guys keep it up and PT will have to wear a neck brace to hold that swollen head of his up.:D:D

fatsbucknut 12-04-2008 02:53 PM

You guys are missing out. You need to get a Jerky Gun and make it out of ground venison. We use a similar recipe as PT's.

TreednNC 12-04-2008 03:00 PM

I dont care for ground jerky personally. I have the jerky gun, but just wasnt that great....then again I didnt use PT's recipe then either.

Attention Preacher Tony- Another Ego Boost Alert!!!- A lady I have a bag to I made last week said it was the best jerky her and her son had ever had. I must say the same lol

PreacherTony 12-04-2008 03:18 PM

ORIGINAL: LittleChief

ORIGINAL: NavyDeerHunter

Man, you guys keep it up and PT will have to wear a neck brace to hold that swollen head of his up.:D:D
That's it! I am gonna name it Bomb-Diggity Jerky :D

As far as the big head guys ..... I have one...not due to ego tho .... I was the reason the changed the tags on the hats from, "One Size Fits All" to "One Size Fits MOST" :eek:

I do appreciate all the compliments .....

NY/Al 12-04-2008 03:25 PM

Yes, Sir, it is delicious!:D

onehornjimmy 01-04-2009 11:13 AM

RE: Venison Jerky Recipe For My Bow Hunting Friends

Another satisfied reviewer -- two thumbs up! This is very tasty with a nice combo of hot and tangy. I halved the recipe as I thought I would have a trial run with about 3 lbs of meat. I went with a "medium-hot" approach as I subbed the green Tabasco instead of regular Tabasco, which has a better taste in my opinion. I won't change a thing for the next batch as it has a perfect taste.

One question Tony -- How long do you store in paper bags (in my case paper towel) before you transfer to a zipper reclosable bag?

PreacherTony 01-04-2009 07:57 PM

RE: Venison Jerky Recipe For My Bow Hunting Friends

ORIGINAL: onehornjimmy

One question Tony -- How long do you store in paper bags (in my case paper towel) before you transfer to a zipper reclosable bag?
Just overnight ....again, I still don't understand what it does, but it does something :D

Hey Fatsbucknut ... I got a jerky gun for Christmas ..... I'm gonna try the ground ...:)