HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Bowhunting (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting-18/)
-   -   Venison Jerky Recipe For My BowHunting Friends (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting/195077-venison-jerky-recipe-my-bowhunting-friends.html)

hardcorehunter 08-23-2007 09:29 AM

RE: Venison Jerky Recipe For My BowHunting Friends

ORIGINAL: PreacherTony

Y'all that make up a bunch of that jerky feel free to ship the author of the recipe some :)
Give you all you can eat for free, you have to visit in person though.:D

PreacherTony 08-23-2007 09:34 AM

ORIGINAL: ladybowhntr

Is the mustard dry or liquid? Sounds like a great recipe. I'll try it next time I make some. Have a ton of jerky all ready for this season. But in the dead of winter, when the season is over, I'll be making more. Thanks Tony.
Debbie, I use liquid ..... you can use whatever flavor you like .... dry works as well, but liquid is more versatile.

PreacherTony 08-23-2007 09:38 AM

ORIGINAL: hardcorehunter

ORIGINAL: PreacherTony

Y'all that make up a bunch of that jerky feel free to ship the author of the recipe some :)
Give you all you can eat for free, you have to visit in person though.:D
Don, have me out for one of your video shoots ......:D

Dr Andy 08-23-2007 09:51 AM

Okay, you win Iron Chef Venison!!!!

finner 08-23-2007 09:57 AM

I was just thinking about making a batch of jerky too. this recipe sounds good, ill have to give a try, thanks tony.

PreacherTony 08-23-2007 10:08 AM

you are all very welcome .... this is a chewy sweet, spicy, totally addicting recipe ........remember ..... you have been warned!!! :D

JA = Jerkyholics Anonymous [8D]

PreacherTony 08-23-2007 04:23 PM

I'll bump this one more time for the guys who log on after work and actually do what they get paid for :D

PreacherTony’s Venison Jerky

2 c Worcestershire sauce
2c cup Soy sauce
½ c Liquid Smoke
1 c Red Hot Sauce
6 TB Honey
3 TB Mustard
6 TB Garlic Salt
2 TB Pepper
4 TB Onion Powder
1 c Brown Sugar
To Add HEAT[/b]
2 ½ TB Crushed Red Pepper or
¼ c Tabasco sauce

Mix all marinade ingredients in a sauce pan and bring to a boil, stirring occasionally. Remove from heat and let cool completely. Pour into plastic container and refrigerate until needed. Measure out 2 cups of mixture for every 3# of meat to be marinated. Pour over meat slices that are already in a quart size zip lock bag. Thoroughly wet all sides of meat. Refrigerate overnight or at least 6 hours. Rotate bag every few hours, working the marinade over all meat. Drain the meat and spread the meat (be sure to NOT overlap) onto trays in single layers. If using a dehydrator, dry for 4-5 hours, (depending on thickness) checking every 2 hours. Make sure to rotate trays
(bottom to top and flipping the meat as needed), or place trays in the oven and dry at 145’ for the first 4 hours then set oven to 130’ until dry( approx. 4-8 hours). Jerky should be hard but not brittle. Blot up any fat that appears with a paper towel. * For a chewy texture, slice the meat with the grain, or across the grain for a more tender jerky.

arkansasbowhunter 08-23-2007 04:34 PM

the 1 c of red hot sauce is that tabasco?

Mr. Longbeard 08-23-2007 04:38 PM

RE: Venison Jerky Recipe For My Bow Hunting Friends

Eastmans Jerky mix;)Another MLB BKS

PreacherTony 08-23-2007 04:38 PM

ORIGINAL: arkansasbowhunter

the 1 c of red hot sauce is that tabasco?
No sir .... that would curl your toenails .......ewwwww ..... anyway, look for a Frank's Red Hot Sauce ... I think it's made with cayanne peppers and vinegar ..... it's not real hot, but the flavor is awesome!