Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

What Target

Old 06-20-2007, 10:29 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: What Target

i shoot at the yellow jacket... this is its 2nd year.. last year after shooting broadheads at it an tearin it up with muzzys(does more harm pullin out than goin in) im shootin my fp's an pullin it out no proablem... jus shoot it up a lil an it works jus fine for your fp... good target though so far...
Old 06-20-2007, 10:59 PM

Yellow Jacket bag

Yellow Jacket Broadhead targetfrom Gander Mountain. Has Gander Mountain on it but is made for them by Yellow Jacket and is $10-$15 cheaper. Black with white dots instead of yellow. Same target.
Old 06-20-2007, 11:00 PM
Nontypical Buck

I shoot the Block 4X4, and have been for a while now. I know it is really expensive, but having 4 different sides is really nice and I find myself using all of them many times. It is also built like tank and has held up for a long time so far. Overall, I really think that you do get your moneys worth out of it.
Old 06-21-2007, 12:35 AM
Super Moderator

Definitely a bag target for field points and a broadhead target for broadheads.[8D]

I bought a Morell Super Duper for field points about a month ago.
Old 06-21-2007, 01:00 AM

Block 4x4.

You have the ability to shoot both field points and broadheads into it, without the headache (or backache rather) from pulling fieldpoints from the YJ.

$99 isn't expensive when you think that for the price of both a bag and some form of layered foam target added together wil be about the same. I've been shooting mine for a couple weeks now and so far it's been fantastic.
Old 06-21-2007, 03:49 AM

i would go with the yellow jacket
Old 06-21-2007, 05:08 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: MichaelHunsucker

ORIGINAL: kshunter

Black Hole! I've had it for a few years, with a ton of shots through it. Still looks nearly brand new.
Joey, is it still stopping your arrows good? Which size do you have the smaller one or the larger one?

The smaller one runs about $45 TYD vs &75 TYD for the larger one...
I have the smaller one, and it's still stopping the arrows fine. I usually bring it on my hunting trips, so it's easy to transport and shoot a few times when I get there to make sure everything is still on. I haven't shot any broadheads in it though.
Old 06-21-2007, 06:56 AM
Nontypical Buck

If you are looking for only field point use, the Morrell bags really are top notch. The primary club I below to has 5 of the big ones and they see literally tens of thousands of shots each year with a member base of several hundred guys and hold up well for 1-2 years before needing replaced. For the average guy, I would imagine they would last several years, and then if they are really beat up you can cut them open, buy a new cover for really cheap, and stuff the insides into a new bag.
Old 06-21-2007, 07:48 AM
Nontypical Buck

The Yellow jacket bag targets work very well and one of the great things about them is, when you punch enough holes in the bag to need a new one you can buy just a new bag for $15 and cover the target with it. Then you are as good as new. You can do this with the yellow jacket quickstops also.

The rinehart 18:1 handles broadheads AND fieldpoints very well. They are easily removed. The only problem with it is shooting at one spot. You can tear up a lot of arrows. One thing I do with it is shoot maybe 2 and then remove them before shooting again or put the small target to the front and shoot at the angled side targets and the front target.
Old 06-21-2007, 08:00 AM
Nontypical Buck

I have a Morrell Outdoor Range Target, and it's awesome. Between my daughter and myself and some friends shooting, it's taken thousands of shots this year, and it's still going strong. Aside from the fact that it's an awesome target, it's large size lets my daughter shoot longer shots with less chance of having to find an arrow if she lets a bad shot fly, and also lets me shoot from 80-100 yards and not have to worry about missing the entire target. And, if you remember, mine is mobile.

Quick Reply: What Target

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.