Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 55# Takes Yukon Moose!!! >

55# Takes Yukon Moose!!!

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

55# Takes Yukon Moose!!!

Old 06-19-2007, 01:58 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: 55# Takes Yukon Moose!!!

Quicksilver knowing how to use google image is like giving a monkey an Uzi

Old 06-19-2007, 01:58 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: W.T.F.

ORIGINAL: PreacherTony

I don't know that I have ever laughedv so hard ...... can't catch my breath!!!

Fran and Gary, you guys really need to get on that reality show about being a comedian .........
Tony, I totally agree the last bowhunter standing. this has been my goto thread the last couple of days, and everytime I read something new I laugh harder. My employees all think I am retarded just sitting here laughing at my computer screen
WTF..... You aint kidding! I am fully expecting to be invited over someones house for dinner, and when I get there, there will be all my family and friends waiting to talk to me about how concerned they are that I lost it! [8D]
Old 06-19-2007, 02:10 PM
Boone & Crockett

Old 06-19-2007, 03:49 PM
Giant Nontypical

Germ,you are killing me.That is the funniest video I think I have ever seen.
Old 06-19-2007, 05:23 PM
Banned

American Indians took everything on this continent with primitive arrows shot from self bows

Old 06-19-2007, 07:30 PM
Nontypical Buck

If they had access to 70# compounds they'd use those over s bow made from a stick and some sinew.
Old 06-19-2007, 07:43 PM
bigcountry

ORIGINAL: davepjr71

If they had access to 70# compounds they'd use those over s bow made from a stick and some sinew.
I have access to 70# compound and now prefer stick and well (dacron), but plan on saving my backstrap sinew this year, and seeing what kinda string can be made from it.

Old 06-19-2007, 07:48 PM
Nontypical Buck

That's your choice to use a traditional bow. I'm simply stating that they would have used the most modern technology. If you don't believe that then they'd still be flinging rocks and sticks at animals.

Everyone keeps saying it's macho to use a 70# compound bow. Wouldn't it be more macho to use a traditional bow at 55#'s when you have access to equipment that is more lethal?
Old 06-19-2007, 09:06 PM
bigcountry

ORIGINAL: davepjr71

Everyone keeps saying it's macho to use a 70# compound bow. Wouldn't it be more macho to use a traditional bow at 55#'s when you have access to equipment that is more lethal?
No man, thats total BS. Look all around you with the kids these days. Everythings bigger and better, and you got to have it. From cars, motorcycles to bows, to guns. I even saw some 18 year old using a 300RUM for deer in MD. I mean come on. Its getting totally rediculus. This freakin thread is rediculus and pretty well shows the state of hunting today.

Equipment that was adequate years ago, now, won't penetrate an animal according to some. People have lost the real meaning of hunting in my opinion.

Old 06-20-2007, 04:51 AM
Nontypical Buck

I'm pretty sure most guys used to use 70# and up longbows for hunting. And I really believe that target shooting has created this mind set that 55# is great for everything.

Haven'tthe maxweightscome down on compounds? There used to be a bunch of companies making bows over 80#'s and now only a few do. So, I'm not sure where you are coming from with everybody wants bigger complex.

So, you are only a real hunter if you use a longbow? Now that's BS. And again seems to show the superiority complex that some guys have. A guy starts shooting traditionaland then automatically he's doing the only real hunting. Cracks me up every time.

Quick Reply: 55# Takes Yukon Moose!!!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.