Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Blazers or Quick Spins? >

Blazers or Quick Spins?

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Blazers or Quick Spins?

Old 06-15-2007, 11:13 AM

Default Blazers or Quick Spins?

I am building new arrows this yearand want to put custom fletchings on them. I am sticking with my Muzzy 100 gr. 3 blade broadheads because of my great experiences with them. The arrows I purchased are unfletched Carbon Express Maxima Hunters. I want to use either Blazer or Quick Spin fletchings.

I am looking for opinions on either of these two fletchings. Please let me know what your thoughts are...

Thanks
Old 06-15-2007, 12:01 PM

Default RE: Blazers or Quick Spins?

I have and do shoot both, but not to the extent that many others here have. The majority here will recommend the blazers, as long as there is no clearance issues for you. I personally think both or either are ok.
Old 06-15-2007, 12:11 PM
Typical Buck

Tryn blazers for the first time this season. Seem to shoot good. Have shot feathers for the last 21 years.
Old 06-15-2007, 12:24 PM
Nontypical Buck

you may also want to look at "predators" by Duravanes. I've shot QS and currently using the duravanes. Got a lot of whistling from the QS's.

2.0" Predator

Length:
2"

Height:
.500"

Weight:
3g

Base Width:
.100"

Thickness Top:
.015"

http://www.duravanes.com/Predator.html
Old 06-15-2007, 12:26 PM
Dominant Buck

I'm rethinking my position on this.

From wht I hear....the blazers are better at stabilizing the broadhead at longer ranges. I don't hunt at longer ranges (30+ yds).......so I'm not sure how they benefit me...or even if they do.

I might hunt with quick spins, this year.
Old 06-15-2007, 12:32 PM

I'm always gonna pick Blazers over quick spins, and this is why.

1. ESPECIALLY if you are shooting a whisker biscuit, Quicks just do not hold up very well. They are prone to some pretty nasty wrinkling (which can sometimes be remedied by a hair dryer, but not always) and they just don't hold up very well.

2. Spin is good, but too much, you may as well have a parachute attached to the nock of your arrow. Blazers spin faster than standard vanes anyway.

3. Blazers stabilize as good, if not better, than most vanes out there. They really are amazing. I tested Blazers head to head w/ 5" feathers (which most say are the best there is at stabilizing). Identical arrows (save the fletching) tipped w/ magnus Stingers. I shot from 30 yards, feathered arrow first. The Blazer arrow shot one of the feathers off the first arrow. I don't shoot at deer this far, but I shot Stingers w/ Blazers at 70 yards and they are lazer beams.....Truely amazing.
Old 06-15-2007, 12:40 PM
Giant Nontypical

I've been shooting Blazers for 3 years now and really like them. The new QS Speed Hunter vanes look nice, but I'm so happy with the Blazers I have no reason to switch.
Old 06-15-2007, 12:50 PM
Nontypical Buck

I use Blazers and love them. I'm sure QS's arent bad either. From my experience with Blazers and from a lot of people who talk about them, id say go with Blazers.
Old 06-15-2007, 01:09 PM
Nontypical Buck

From everything I have learned this is my thinking on fletchings on hunting arrows. If the bow and the arrow are tunedcorrectly and tuned to each other then the arrow will fly just great with any fletchingunless the shooter does something wrong. As we practice on our ranges we can practice good form and shoot great. Here is what I anticipate for myself, having never bowhunted before. Up in a tree, waiting a few hours, cold, maybe a little stiff, a deer comes strolling along and there is much excitement. I will probably need something to help compensate for my form errors at the time. What will compensate best, that I like the best, will probably be 4" feathers. Quikspins would also probably do the same thing. If I thought my form would be just fine then blazers would likely be just fine. Heck, right now I have 3 arrows with mini-blazers that shoot right with my feathered arrows at 50 yds. but.......

Anyway, what I have learned is that, with a well tuned bow and a well tuned arrow and an experienced bowhunter, all types of fletching should perform just as well at bowhunting ranges inside of 30 yds.
Old 06-15-2007, 01:15 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: mobowhuntr

I'm always gonna pick Blazers over quick spins, and this is why.

1. ESPECIALLY if you are shooting a whisker biscuit, Quicks just do not hold up very well. They are prone to some pretty nasty wrinkling (which can sometimes be remedied by a hair dryer, but not always) and they just don't hold up very well.

2. Spin is good, but too much, you may as well have a parachute attached to the nock of your arrow. Blazers spin faster than standard vanes anyway.

3. Blazers stabilize as good, if not better, than most vanes out there. They really are amazing. I tested Blazers head to head w/ 5" feathers (which most say are the best there is at stabilizing). Identical arrows (save the fletching) tipped w/ magnus Stingers. I shot from 30 yards, feathered arrow first. The Blazer arrow shot one of the feathers off the first arrow. I don't shoot at deer this far, but I shot Stingers w/ Blazers at 70 yards and they are lazer beams.....Truely amazing.
This pretty much sums up my expierences. The quickspins just didn't hold up for me. I was even shooting the quick spins from a drop away with no fletching contact and I was still getting "wavy" vanes after shooting. When I switched over to blazers, I haven't had a problem and I really hadn't noticed my arrows flying better or worse than when I used the quickspins. I would pick blazers mainly because of the durability and performance.

Quick Reply: Blazers or Quick Spins?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.