Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Bow cameras?

Old 06-13-2007, 10:38 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default Bow cameras?

dobow camerasreally work. i mean, wont they mess you up by weighing down your bow and making it harder to shoot. and what about the added vibration? the reason im saying this is because my friend is about to get one and im trying to talk him out of it. i told himi would videoif he wanted me to.what do you guys think?
Old 06-13-2007, 11:41 AM

Default RE: Bow cameras?

At one point I ran acrosssomeone talking about a digital video camera that had a remote lense. The lense could be attached to the stabilizer with a cord that ran back to the camera body in your pocket. I thought it was a great idea but I haven't seen anything on it since nor have I been able to find one anywhere. I personally wouldn't mount a camera body to my bow, it'd take a beating.
Old 06-13-2007, 12:27 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: KodiakArcher

At one point I ran acrosssomeone talking about a digital video camera that had a remote lense. The lense could be attached to the stabilizer with a cord that ran back to the camera body in your pocket. I thought it was a great idea but I haven't seen anything on it since nor have I been able to find one anywhere. I personally wouldn't mount a camera body to my bow, it'd take a beating.
Kodiak,

I have one of these it is called a Hoyttech TACTcam. I put it on my stabilizer and i have a wired remote attached to my bow that runs to the lanc port on the camera to start/stop recording and turn the camera on and off. It is pretty cool to get a view from the bow as well as another camera.

Also, you canattach it to your gun barrel for turkey hunting or waterfowl hunting.

Check them out: http://www.hoyttech.com

Old 06-13-2007, 12:48 PM
Typical Buck

Thats awsome, I'm getting one.
Old 06-13-2007, 01:00 PM
Boone & Crockett

But with bow jump, the shot is usually missed correct?
Old 06-13-2007, 01:35 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Rob/PA Bowyer

But with bow jump, the shot is usually missed correct?
The camera does not have a zoom so it isnt zoomed way in on the animal. Therefore it somewhat accounts for bowjump. I have trianed myself to shoot with it with out it moving too much.
Old 06-13-2007, 04:29 PM

I think they suck. they really do weigh down the bow and the filming quality is usually pretty lame. I like using a tri pod when in a ground blind or a tree stand attachment. Other than that you need a seperate camera operator.
Old 06-13-2007, 04:57 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: MartinArcher

I think they suck. they really do weigh down the bow and the filming quality is usually pretty lame. I like using a tri pod when in a ground blind or a tree stand attachment. Other than that you need a seperate camera operator.
The camera that i have doesnt weigh much at all. If you were to put an actual Sony HandyCam on the stabilizer it might weigh it down a bit...