Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Nov 1st-7th in Illinois >

Nov 1st-7th in Illinois

Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Nov 1st-7th in Illinois

Old 06-11-2007, 04:19 PM
Typical Buck

Default Nov 1st-7th in Illinois

Was wondering if anyone on this site hunted Il. the first week of Nov.? If so what can I expect if I am drawn for the license? It will be my first time in Illinois, I am very excited hope to see a monster. I've hunted Oh, NY,Pa, SC and Canada, but for some reason I am pumped for this hunt. Please post some pics from Illinois if anyone has any.
Old 06-11-2007, 04:25 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Nov 1st-7th in Illinois

Usually during the first week of November you'll see, on average, 2-3 shooter bucks per hunt. Most of them are in the 150-160" range, but you should see a couple180's if the weather is right. If you play your cards (and the wind) right, you might be able to get a glimpse of a 200"er, but don't be too quiet or the Yeti might mistake you for prey and it's lights out for Mr. Jim Shorts, if you know what I mean.

PS - Depending on where you're hunting and what type of weather we have you should see a few decent bucks during your stay, but as with anything in the hunting world there's no guarantees. There's plenty of big deer in IL, but they're no easier to kill than they are anywhere else.
Old 06-11-2007, 05:29 PM
Typical Buck

I would be just fine if that were to happen. Even if I didn't get a shot (but that would never happen) It would still be a great trip. Really want to see a 165+ thats my shooter. Hope to learn how to post pics by then so you people can see them.
Old 06-11-2007, 05:43 PM
Nontypical Buck

I hunted hard last year and we had one of the best ruts we've had in a long, long time and the biggest buck I saw might have pushed 150". It's been a few years since I've layed my eyes on a 165" deer in the wild, hunting or not. They're definitely here, but there certainly not as easy so spot and to hunt as a lof of tv shows and hunting videos might lead you to believe. It still comes down to the area you're hunting (if there isn't a 165 living there, you ain't gonna see one!), the weather, and of course your skill and knowledge as a hunter. If it all plays out right you just might get a shot at a monster, but you'll have to be both good and lucky.

Good luck during your trip, I look forward to hearing how it turns out!
Old 06-11-2007, 05:48 PM
Typical Buck

Would rather bow hunt then do anything else, with that being said I cosider myself to be a pretty good hunter. But above that I must admit that I am very lucky, maybe a bit to lucky.... So wish me luck. I hunt very hard though and bring the luck and odds in my favor. Will sit all day if needed.
Old 06-11-2007, 05:53 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Sportsfann

Would rather bow hunt then do anything else, with that being said I cosider myself to be a pretty good hunter. But above that I must admit that I am very lucky, maybe a bit to lucky.... So wish me luck. I hunt very hard though and bring the luck and odds in my favor. Will sit all day if needed.
Just out of curiosity, where are you hunting? With an outfitter? Public land? Private lease? What part of the state?
Old 06-11-2007, 05:58 PM
Typical Buck

Outfitter, I live in Charleston SC so public would be to hard. Only my 2nd time with an outfitter the last being in Canada. Mostly hunt a little private mostly public.Calhoun county is where we are hunting, under Pike. Any good????
Old 06-11-2007, 06:04 PM

I miss TDWW........
Old 06-11-2007, 07:06 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Sportsfann

Outfitter, I live in Charleston SC so public would be to hard. Only my 2nd time with an outfitter the last being in Canada. Mostly hunt a little private mostly public.Calhoun county is where we are hunting, under Pike. Any good????
Calhoun definitely has some big deer, and if your outfitter is on some even halfway decent ground with some good management you should at least get a look at some mature deer. Whether or not they'll hit 165" is another question....

Again, good luck on your trip and I want to see a full story w/photos when you return.
Old 06-11-2007, 08:02 PM
Site Buck Guru

ORIGINAL: _Dan

I miss TDWW........
Respect.

Quick Reply: Nov 1st-7th in Illinois

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.