HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Bowhunting (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting-18/)
-   -   Best and cheapest arrows IYO (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting/193792-best-cheapest-arrows-iyo.html)

Bullet Hole Bailey 06-08-2007 02:06 PM

Best and cheapest arrows IYO

What are the best and cheapest arrows at the same time? in your opinion?

Mine would have to be the beman ventures at 65$ a doz.

But the gold tip expedition hunters are right in there too.

Thanks

Roskoe 06-08-2007 02:36 PM

RE: Best and cheapest arrows IYO

I got a couple dozen Easton ST Excel's back in February - have been very good arrows for around the same $65 per dozen price.

MeanV2 06-08-2007 02:37 PM

While I don't shoot them anymore. I always thought the Beman ICS Hunters were a good arrow at a very reasonable price;)

GMMAT 06-08-2007 02:40 PM

I've posted this before.....but I think the Carbon Force Radial X-Weaves I shoot can be purchased for about $6.30ea...fletched with 4" vanes.

I use these arrows for all hunting purposes and for 3D.

JNTURK 06-08-2007 02:42 PM

walmarts Carbon wolverine....carbon arrow 4" vane and is made by carbon express.......works good for a novice like myself at around $3.00 an arrow

Matt / PA 06-08-2007 02:46 PM

If you could take a whole shipment of low to midgrade all carbon arrows and sort through hand picking the best ones for straightness and spine you could come up with a heck of a value in arrows........unfortunately it's bigtime hit or miss on tolerances (even in many high priced shafts)

Arrows in general can be a crap shoot and it's generally worse lower in the price ranges.
If you're going this route make sure that you (or your shop) cuts evenly from both ends before installing your components to help reduce any runout inconsistency. For the most part the crap will be on the ends.

You can check them on an arrow spinner and grain scale when you are done and chances are you'll have some good ones and some bad ones..........abuse the bad ones.;)

A buddy of mine had good luck with me building him up some Gold Tip Expedition shafts that came in quite straight and the weight tolerances weren't too shabby either.
I have champagne taste in arrows so I'm not entirely familiar with many of the low to mid grade offerings......just keep in mind that for the most part with arrows (and anything) you get what you pay for. (but not always and that's the tricky part:D)

bigbulls 06-08-2007 03:23 PM

Carbon Express terminator selects are IMHO the absolute best value in a consistant and incredibly tough hunting arrow.

mobow 06-08-2007 03:38 PM

ORIGINAL: bigbulls

Carbon Express terminator selects are IMHO the absolute best value in a consistant and incredibly tough hunting arrow.
Ditto, followed by the Easton ST Excell.

JimPic 06-08-2007 03:47 PM

Carbon Express Heritage 150's @ $63/doz.They've got everything I'm looking for in a shaft-10gr/inch,can stand abuse,and tolerances are very good.

Paul L Mohr 06-08-2007 05:12 PM

xx75 gamegetters or something similar.

Paul