Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Best and cheapest arrows IYO >

Best and cheapest arrows IYO

Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Best and cheapest arrows IYO

Old 06-08-2007, 02:06 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Best and cheapest arrows IYO

What are the best and cheapest arrows at the same time? in your opinion?

Mine would have to be the beman ventures at 65$ a doz.

But the gold tip expedition hunters are right in there too.

Thanks
Old 06-08-2007, 02:36 PM

Default RE: Best and cheapest arrows IYO

I got a couple dozen Easton ST Excel's back in February - have been very good arrows for around the same $65 per dozen price.
Old 06-08-2007, 02:37 PM
Giant Nontypical

While I don't shoot them anymore. I always thought the Beman ICS Hunters were a good arrow at a very reasonable price
Old 06-08-2007, 02:40 PM
Dominant Buck

I've posted this before.....but I think the Carbon Force Radial X-Weaves I shoot can be purchased for about $6.30ea...fletched with 4" vanes.

I use these arrows for all hunting purposes and for 3D.
Old 06-08-2007, 02:42 PM
Nontypical Buck

walmarts Carbon wolverine....carbon arrow 4" vane and is made by carbon express.......works good for a novice like myself at around $3.00 an arrow
Old 06-08-2007, 02:46 PM
Giant Nontypical

If you could take a whole shipment of low to midgrade all carbon arrows and sort through hand picking the best ones for straightness and spine you could come up with a heck of a value in arrows........unfortunately it's bigtime hit or miss on tolerances (even in many high priced shafts)

Arrows in general can be a crap shoot and it's generally worse lower in the price ranges.
If you're going this route make sure that you (or your shop) cuts evenly from both ends before installing your components to help reduce any runout inconsistency. For the most part the crap will be on the ends.

You can check them on an arrow spinner and grain scale when you are done and chances are you'll have some good ones and some bad ones..........abuse the bad ones.

A buddy of mine had good luck with me building him up some Gold Tip Expedition shafts that came in quite straight and the weight tolerances weren't too shabby either.
I have champagne taste in arrows so I'm not entirely familiar with many of the low to mid grade offerings......just keep in mind that for the most part with arrows (and anything) you get what you pay for. (but not always and that's the tricky part)

Old 06-08-2007, 03:23 PM
Boone & Crockett

Carbon Express terminator selects are IMHO the absolute best value in a consistant and incredibly tough hunting arrow.
Old 06-08-2007, 03:38 PM

ORIGINAL: bigbulls

Carbon Express terminator selects are IMHO the absolute best value in a consistant and incredibly tough hunting arrow.
Ditto, followed by the Easton ST Excell.
Old 06-08-2007, 03:47 PM
Nontypical Buck

Carbon Express Heritage 150's @ $63/doz.They've got everything I'm looking for in a shaft-10gr/inch,can stand abuse,and tolerances are very good.
Old 06-08-2007, 05:12 PM

xx75 gamegetters or something similar.

Paul

Quick Reply: Best and cheapest arrows IYO

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.