Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Scott Releases

Old 06-07-2007, 07:37 PM

Default Scott Releases

What, besides the obvious, is the difference between a single caliper and a double caliper release? What is better with a string loop? What can you all tell me about the Little Goose and the Sabertooth Releases from Scott?

Thank You All Very Much

Rich
Old 06-07-2007, 08:17 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Scott Releases

I'll keep an eye on this post. I have been considering the Sabertooth NCS.
Old 06-08-2007, 06:07 AM
Dominant Buck

I'm on my second sabertooth....and my son uses one, too.

It's never failed me (either of them).......and I have thousands of shots with it. I like being able to adjust the trigger. I like the buckle strap (vs. a velcro). I like being able to adjust the length.
Old 06-08-2007, 06:23 AM
Nontypical Buck

I have used the little bitty goose and the sabertooth bopth with a string loop. Hands down I like the sabertooth better. It seems to attach quicker and the trigger is more forward which tends to keep your draw length from extending too much.
Old 06-08-2007, 07:02 AM
Nontypical Buck

I'll chime in with another vote for the Sabertooth. I picked mine up last year and haven't looked back since. I LOVE it.

As for your question re: single vs. dual caliper, this is what I was told awhile back: Single caliper releases promote a more consistant release because there's only one moving part. The string, or loop, is going to leave the release the exact same every single time as that one single caliper opens. With a dual caliper there is a little room for inconsitancy because both parts of the head are moving, and based upon how you're holding the release (ie torquing it one way or another) it could effect your accuracy. Now whether that's true or not, I really don't know. Just something I was told.

Either way, I'm not sure the difference would ever be something that 95% of us would ever be able to tell. For me it came down to what felt better when I was shooting it, and the Sabertooth won.
Old 06-08-2007, 09:28 AM
Nontypical Buck

I run a Sabertooth too, only release I have ever used since I switched from fingers. I love mine, works flawlessly and it is designed to be used with a loop, as the jaws are a little smaller. I would highly recommend it.
Old 06-08-2007, 09:52 AM

i shoot the mongoose no problems yet 3 years
Old 06-08-2007, 10:15 AM
Giant Nontypical

I love my little goose
Old 06-08-2007, 10:58 AM
Boone & Crockett

What, besides the obvious
That's pretty much it.

It's a personal thingI think. Some find that they prefer and are quicker with the single caliper and some are quicker with the dual caliper. I think has more to do with what you started out using and have gotten used to.
Old 06-08-2007, 11:50 AM

I have the little goose and I love It. And I also like the buckle strap over the velcro because it will make no noise.

Quick Reply: Scott Releases

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.