Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Epic arrows vs Easton Axis >

Epic arrows vs Easton Axis

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Epic arrows vs Easton Axis

Old 06-06-2007, 12:50 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Epic arrows vs Easton Axis

I have shot the Axis arrows and i like them alot but i was wondering how good the
Epics are? They have most of the same specs but $20 less.
So basically i am asking if it is worth saving the $20 and getting them?
Beman also makes the smaller diameter and since i have been very impressed with Beman i am also wondering how good their Black Max and Team Realtree
MFX arrows are?

Other suggestions are welcome!

Thanks
Old 06-06-2007, 01:05 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Epic arrows vs Easton Axis

The easton excel arrows too?
Old 06-06-2007, 01:26 PM
Nontypical Buck

There are a reason they are cheaper. Likely, its because they are not as straight. Of course, it could be that one is cammo and one is not. Camo on arrows is a bad idea. Its heavy, more expensive, and you lose them quicker.

Rule of thumb...don't save money on arrows by compromising straightness...weight tolerance or overall quality. Good arrows are honestly much more important than having that new Dren or Guardian.

Its sort of like the guy who buys a $1000 rifle, puts on $20 rings and bases, mounts a $100 scope and shoots $19/box bullets and wonders why his performance suffers...you gotta think about whats REALLY important, and what is fluff. Any well tuned bow will shoot a properly spined straight arrow very well. Assuming you do your job of course.
Old 06-06-2007, 01:27 PM
Nontypical Buck

For $20.00 I would go with the Axis to get HIT but around here the Epics are about half as expensive as the Axis.
Old 06-06-2007, 01:34 PM
Dominant Buck

I'v tried a couple.....but I'm not good enough to tell a difference, I guess. My Radial X-weaves (I THINK) can be purchased fletched with 4" vanes for about $6.30EA.

I have mine fletched with Blazers.....but they're still pretty cheap. I thought of going to a more "performance" arrow......but I did pretty well in 3D, this year.....and I know I broke 2 or 3 in deer, last year. I plan on shooting MORE deer, this year.....so....I see no reason to spend more.

I KNOW if I was on a tighter budget....I'd shoot the pre-fletched x-weaves. No doubt.
Old 06-06-2007, 02:21 PM

I shoot the ST Excel's - both in my Pro Tec and my son's Bear Element - and have been pretty satisfied with them. I'm not a world class marksman, but can reliably hit a tennis ball at 20 yards and a grapefruit at 40 yards. Sometimes, I pull off a group with the shafts touching - but it's not routine. Just out of curiousity, am thinking about trying some ST Axis to see if groups shrink. Most of my friends don't think it will make any difference.