Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Head shots?

Old 05-31-2007, 10:47 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Head shots?

Now there is an idea! Head shots, with a bow...

I'm going to look into this!
Old 05-31-2007, 11:07 AM

I've heard that jaw thing before.A calm deer that reacts to a shot ducks. You are aiming for the ear when you shoot at head. This is 2 inches above jaw. You'll miss high. If you miss low you have no business shooting that shot. I don't promote head shots; lungs are too easy to hit. But....... I have shot 2 does in head. 1 bow, 1 12 gauge. Neither knew what hit them.
Old 05-31-2007, 11:14 AM

ORIGINAL: The Rev

I hoping to try that on a pig this year ( head shot ) ... It's just so hard to a hog to sit still long enough to put one through the ear.. just would like to see if it drops immediately.
It does. In a wheat filed with top of head and ears exposed. Popped it right behind the ear. Muzzy
was 5-6 inches in.

And for the ASAT Fans (Killer Primate) I was wearing my ASAT. But this is not me.

Old 05-31-2007, 11:22 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: markj

ORIGINAL: The Rev

I hoping to try that on a pig this year ( head shot ) ... It's just so hard to a hog to sit still long enough to put one through the ear.. just would like to see if it drops immediately.
It does. In a wheat filed with top of head and ears exposed. Poped it right behind the ear. Muzzy was 5-6 inches in.

Were you wearing that camo pattern while hunting, or did you just put it on for the photo? Any chance that the pig you shot was blind?

Thanks for the help,

KP
Old 05-31-2007, 11:41 AM

I corrected my original picture post Primate. If you have any better suggestions feel free to post. ? Expected.

p.s Luck is when knowledge and preparation come together. And you have on "good" camo.
Old 05-31-2007, 11:46 AM

hey mark, no buddies to take your pic? i only see your bow and hog there.. nice trees in the back ground too- looks like central oklahoma to me.

asat works, looks funny when not in the woods, but in the woods-- dissapears. i dont have any yet, but will after seeing yours.
Old 05-31-2007, 11:47 AM
Nontypical Buck

I'm new to hunting, sorry. I didn't mean anything by it. As far as suggestions go I'm speachless, I just know I wouldn't wear that in the privacy of my own home!

Ha!
Old 05-31-2007, 11:47 AM
Boone & Crockett

That's what I figured MarkJ.. I hate to chase pigs through swamps and briars, and if I don't place the arrow exact, it's still a pig.
Old 05-31-2007, 11:53 AM

ORIGINAL: Killer_Primate

I'm new to hunting, sorry. I didn't mean anything by it. As far as suggestions go I'm speachless, I just know I wouldn't wear that in the privacy of my own home!

Ha!
THE WOMEN LOVE IT! Put on the 3D Leafy Suit on over your birthday suit and it drives them wild. Kind of like velcro though so be careful.

No offense KP and none taken.
Old 05-31-2007, 11:55 AM
Nontypical Buck

I thought the idea of people taking head shots was a joke until this year. I traded videos with production company at the Illinois Deer Classic, under the name "world hunting group". The name of the video is Relentless Pursuit 2. After watching the first 20 minutes of the video I thought I had just about seen the most disgusting hunting ethics (or lack there of) I'd ever seen. That was before they started showing head shot attempts on does with bows. I actually wrote the company I was so disgusted! Clearly a production company relying on "shock and awe" to stand out. On the back of they're DVD it actually says "See what couldn't be shown on TV"...... I would never talk "crap" about any of our competition, but as far as I'm concerned, these guys have no business in this industry.

Quick Reply: Head shots?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.