" />

Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Had to make a decision today >

Had to make a decision today

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Had to make a decision today

Old 05-30-2007, 07:24 PM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: Had to make a decision today

That is cool

You do form some great relationships. My coach coached for 30 years about 2 years ago he died of cancer. His wife called me and he wanted me as a paul bearer. Out of all the playerscoachedask 6 and I was one of them. I still can not believe this day what an honor is was for me to be ask. Coach was great; I loved playing for him.
Old 05-30-2007, 07:41 PM
Nontypical Buck

Man, has to keep his priorities straight.... that would be bowhuntin'

Unless there is the possibility of a future NFL contract, who cares!
Old 05-30-2007, 07:43 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: IL-Cornfed

Unless there is the possibility of a future NFL contract, who cares!
College Scholarships!!
Old 05-30-2007, 08:09 PM

Hate to sound like a dad but I tell my son the same thing. You have your whole life to bowhunt so enjoy sports (in his case wrestling) while you can.
Old 05-30-2007, 08:32 PM
Fork Horn

Thats mostly the reason it was such a hard decision. But when Im older I wont be able to hunt every single day like I can now. I played in 7th grade and never got to play plus im pretty small 5' 6" 115 lbs so I really got knocked around. Last year I decided to try bowhuntin instead of football and it was awesome! Get home from school everyday and go hunting! Heck ya. I think I will go out my junior and senior year when football starts to get serious. Thanks for your thoughts guys. Like I said it was a really hard decision that I had to make in about 30 seconds. I dont think im gonna regret my choice though.
Old 05-30-2007, 08:34 PM

With games on Friday and Saturday & Sunday to hunt, I was able to balance football and hunting, although I'd say I was more enthusiastic about football and sometimes to sore the next day to hunt.

I did miss out on some great hunting & fishing oppertunities withthe familythanks to sports. If my son would rather hunt than play football, then I would back that decision all the way. Thememories Ihave with my family hunting and fishing WAYOUTWEIGH the memories of my highschool sports.
Old 05-30-2007, 08:45 PM

ORIGINAL: diehardhunter
plus im pretty small 5' 6" 115 lbs so I really got knocked around.
Size isn't everything. When I was a senior in H.S. one of our teams best backs was about 145lbs., but he could run like he**. He had to because the guys chasing him were 190 + .
I'm w/ the majority of the guys here. You won't ever forget H.S. football memories. You're only in H.S. once...I hope.
Just my opinion.
Old 05-30-2007, 08:47 PM
Nontypical Buck

MH, Sweet hat!

Diehard, sounds like you made a good choice to me. It ain't fun and won't be good memories if you don't get to play.
Old 05-30-2007, 08:48 PM
Fork Horn

I remember visiting my high school friend in the hospital right after he came out of knee surgery. They were able to tie the tendon down with a carbon fiber. They had his leg in a machine to keep it moving so that it wouldn't lock. He was puking from the morphine drip they had going to kill the pain.

Lots of guys get through highschool ballwithout an injury.

The call is up to you.

I took the hunting route.
Old 05-30-2007, 08:59 PM

I have a 2 year old daughter right now, but I don't think I will ever push her to do one thing or another. I will open her mind toa bunch of experience's and let her have them. She can draw her own perspective's from those experience's and once she make's up her mind I will back her up 1000%. If she was to choose football, hunting, chess playing, or another sport I know I would become the world's proudest dad. Through your experience's and your own perspective's I applaude you for making your decesion and sticking to it.
By the way, I also choose bowhunting over fall sports, but I did give up some ice fishing time to wrestle.

Quick Reply: Had to make a decision today

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.