Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Over the mantle?  The wife and I can't seem to agree. >

Over the mantle? The wife and I can't seem to agree.

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.
View Poll Results: A poll
Wedding Picture
20.73%
Deer Head
79.27%
Voters: 82. You may not vote on this poll

Over the mantle? The wife and I can't seem to agree.

Old 05-30-2007, 09:09 AM
Dominant Buck

Default RE: Over the mantle? The wife and I can't seem to agree.

I would tell her the mount was made because it's more of a permenant thing![:-]
Old 05-30-2007, 11:21 AM
Boone & Crockett

To be completely honest, the wedding picture does not look right there. Background is too dark, it just kind of "juts out". It would do better in a room with a softer, more romantic color scheme.

The mount however, looks stunning. Never mind the fact that's an awesome buck. The browns and reds complement each other. The buck almost looks like he's walking through a grassy field, thanks to the wheat/cattail arrangements you have in those urns. Completely natural setup and pleasing to the eye.
At the risk of sounding a little limp wristed i agree 100%.

The wedding picture needs to be much larger and the matting and frame need to be of a different color to look like it belongs on that wall. The wall is much too large and the color much to rich for the wedding picture the way it is framed right now. It looks like you got tired of trying to decide where it should go and just threw it up there.

The deer head looks like it belongs. It is of substantial size so it doesn't look out of place on such a large wall. The brown of the deer works extremely well with the richness of the red paint and the accessories on top of the mantle are of a natural theme to begin with.

Edit.... I just asked two ladies here at work, one of which does wedding photography professionally, and they both agree that the deer does look better on that wall. They suggest the same thing I did in that the wedding picture needs to be larger, framed differently, and matted differently to work on that particular wall.
Old 05-30-2007, 12:59 PM
Nontypical Buck

I have to be honest. The deer head would be no dice in my house over the mantle. My wife tolerates my hunting, but putting that up would not be worth the marital strife. I have other battles to fight. Anybody who is not married does not get a say here. I knew when I married her she wasn't the deer head over the mantle kind of girl, so I have to lie in my own bed.
Old 05-30-2007, 01:01 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: jrbsr

Arange it like this then both partys are happy

Or put the picture above the antlers.

I hope this helps.
My thoughts exactly
Old 05-30-2007, 01:04 PM
Boone & Crockett

ORIGINAL: Rob/PA Bowyer

The picture goes on the mantle, the deer head over it....that's a perfect compromise and sets the stage for future issues.

ps, have you seen my house? LOL
Original GMMAT
[blockquote]quote:

Do whats right for Jimmy Johnson and let her have her way.
[/blockquote]

Agreed. I'm one of the three.
There is an easier way.....picture ON the mantle, mount OVER the mantle. It's all about having a set and wearing the pants. With her permission of course. [&:]

Old 05-30-2007, 01:08 PM
Dominant Buck

It's all about having a set and wearing the pants.
Disagree.

It's all aout the pants, alright.....I wear 'em at my house.....but sometimes like to venture into hers.

The mounts stay out of the main room......and EVERYBODY'S happy!
Old 05-30-2007, 01:10 PM
Boone & Crockett

LOL, Jeff you and I both know that and it's fact....like I said, with her permission.....
Old 05-30-2007, 01:22 PM
Nontypical Buck

I voted for the deer mount, naturally. I've been told by more than one interior decorator that a dining room and family room shouldn't be decorated with family photos, but with other decorations (paintings, wall hangings, floral arrangements, etc.) I don't know why that is, but it helps your case. Now if I could just get my wife to see it that way, maybe I could hang a deer mount above my mantle.
Old 05-30-2007, 01:27 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: GMMAT

It's all aout the pants, alright.....I wear 'em at my house.....but sometimes like to venture into hers.

TRUTH

Old 05-30-2007, 02:35 PM

Compromise. Give her the entrance hall way for wedding pic and you take den for dead animals. That is how it goes down at my house.

Quick Reply: Over the mantle? The wife and I can't seem to agree.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.