Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

need some help

Old 05-29-2007, 06:51 PM

Default need some help

lookin to get started into bow hunting to extend my deer season some....only problem is i did the wingspan divided by 2.5 to try and find my rough estimate of draw length....and its about 33 inches

does anyone know any companies that make compound bows with that long of draw lengths?

thank you
Old 05-29-2007, 07:14 PM

Default RE: need some help

Mathews makes a Prostar that is not in their catalogue. It is a special order and it goes up to 34". I'm sure there are others.

My best advice though would be to go to a pro shop and have them measure you correctly. Trust me, it you get a bow that doesn't fit you properly, it'll be tough to be accurate with your bow and you won't have as much fun had you gotten one that fits.

If I were you, I'd go to two different shops and have them measure you. Have them show you their stuff and try out several bows. Don't buy a "name" but buy what is comfortable to you.

Good luck man.

Old 05-29-2007, 07:14 PM

Dang how tall are you, im pretty sure quite a few companys do if not im sure you could special order one from any of em

Old 05-29-2007, 07:24 PM

im 6'9" 250 lbs...and a freshman in highschool.....im a big kid

but yeah....i was definently going to go to a proshop to get measured and everything...i just wanted to get an idea of where i needed to look

thanks for the help so far