Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Bad Boy Buggies, good or bad? >

Bad Boy Buggies, good or bad?

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Bad Boy Buggies, good or bad?

Old 05-29-2007, 05:42 PM
Typical Buck

Default Bad Boy Buggies, good or bad?

I tried to do a search but yesterday and today, it didn't work for me. anyway, just curious if any of you own or have used these golf cart like buggies. What do you like, dislike, etc. The advertisements are pretty impressive. I used one for a few minutes and was impressed, but wonder if someone here has used one extensively and has a better perspective.
Old 05-29-2007, 08:00 PM

Default RE: Bad Boy Buggies, good or bad?

I might consider buying one if the had a decent range. When I asked a dealer about them he said they could go 20 miles and then have to be charged. I have days I put on 40-50 miles running bear baits or 20-25 miles round trip to go deer hunting.

I'll keep the Yamaha Rhino.
Old 05-29-2007, 08:07 PM
Nontypical Buck

Dan, that's also what I've heard about them. Not much for battery life and I've read on different forums of more then one hunter walking back to the truck because his Bab Boy died. An ATV would be a MUCH better choice.
Old 05-30-2007, 05:52 AM
Giant Nontypical

Get a Gator you wont be disapointed.
Old 05-30-2007, 06:13 AM
Giant Nontypical

they are way to spendy for me. for the same money an ATV and a lot of extra $ left over
Old 05-30-2007, 06:22 AM

you all forget that there battery powered not gas so there selling point is there quiet.
Old 05-30-2007, 08:02 AM
Nontypical Buck

Good:
- Quiet!
- Can carry more then a 4-wheeler
- 4 Wheel drive (unlike other golf carts)

Bad:
- Expensive
- Limited range like mentioned above

I bowhunt exclusively and most of my places are not to bad of a walk. Alot of them are in the big hardwoods so an ATV would not help me much at all.

Old 05-30-2007, 09:29 AM
Nontypical Buck

I must either be old fashion or just cheap but I still walk to my stand.
Old 05-30-2007, 09:56 AM
Nontypical Buck

Allright, here's my take on the Bad Boy from experience.

(1) It is very quiet and great for two hunters. We had it for about 2 weeks and when we came around corners (we have a lot of blind corners), we were almost always catching deer by surprise. You also don't have all the exhaust and fume smells. Those are big positives. BUT

(2) Where we hunt the clay is real thick and sticky and clumps to the tires. Once it gets bogged down in the mud and clay it drains the batteries fast. After it died 3 times in the field, we decided it just would not work for us (and now have a Kawasaki Mule).

(3) The people with Bad Boy took it back for a full refund, which I thought was very professional. If you are really worried, ask to try it out for a week or so and see if they will do that.

(4) If you are going to be using it for driving around in the woods, or do not have lots of thick mud or clay soil that will ball up your tires, I think it would be a pretty good option. For example, on a gravel road that thing will go all day (like a golf cart), but once you get the tires balling up with clay/mud, you've got about 15 minutes or so of juice. Normal topsoil mud probably won't be too bad either because it will not ball up the tires.

(5) For food plot duties or hauling, an ATV or Mule is also better due to torque, longevity, etc.

The "Bad Boy" we bought was about 2 or 3 years ago, so they may have improved the longevity by now, I don't know.
Old 05-30-2007, 06:11 PM
Typical Buck

I rode in a Gator and absoluately hated it. It was rough, noisy and sat too darn low. It's also slow! When i used the bad boy this weekend, i rode it for 1.5 hours and only used 1/3 of the battery and rode up on a lot of game. Plus, my wife and two kids rode comfortably with me, plus room for gear. It seems pretty awesome, but i don't like the price. I already have a atv and a buggy, but no fumes, dead quiet, open air and pure enjoyement nearly justifies the cost. I need to use it more, but i sure liked it. Also, I often like to go to camp during the off season for cookouts and riding around spotting game, so it's nice for that too.

Quick Reply: Bad Boy Buggies, good or bad?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.