Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Let's see your mugs! >

Let's see your mugs!

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Let's see your mugs!

Old 06-08-2007, 06:20 PM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: Let's see your mugs!

Stick is that the buck from the Video you got in Ill?
Old 06-09-2007, 05:55 PM
Fork Horn

Sorry....this is as good as it gets!

http://i62.photobucket.com/albums/h109/PossumTop/Rex.jpg

2007 Spring Turkey.....very wet!

http://i62.photobucket.com/albums/h109/PossumTop/Onewetturkey-1.jpg

My other half
http://i62.photobucket.com/albums/h109/PossumTop/scan0001-1.jpg
Old 06-10-2007, 09:09 PM
Giant Nontypical

This was a float trip a buddy and I took with my oldest boy and his youngest, who are within a month in age together... left out Saturday morning, camped overnight on the water, and came back in late Sunday. We had an absolute awesome experience, and I caught five smallies over 18" long and another dozen or so between 1/2 lb and a pound.

This is us where the spring comes upat Jack's Fork. It's 40' deep and 91,000 gallons a day roars out of this hole just to the left of Matthew's shoulder...

First fish of the day... five minutes into the trip. We knew it was gonna be good after this! I pulled him from beneath that root wad directly behind me. Looks like Matthew discovered fins, but I don't remember him ever saying anything about it... Wouldn't surprise me if he did get finned and never said anything; he's a tough little bugger!

I thought this was a great shot my buddy took from the back of his canoe... that's his son there with us in the background. That's pretty much how the scenery looked the whole two days we were out there...

Another nice one... the action was fantastic, and we were far enough up-river we didn't see very many other people at all. The ones we did see were serious canoers and kayakers who had camping gear with them like we did... No tubers at all.

Great shot of where we pitched our tents before it got too dark... This is the next morning; it was almost awe-inspiring.

Later that morning... Back at it!! This was actually a huge relief to catch this old girl; I'd spotted her on her bed and she broke off my line and kept the first jig-and-pig I threw at her... I briefly hung her once more before she threw the lure... After throwing my tacklebox at her (which I'd downsized for the canoe trip), I finally landed her after going back to a jig-and-pig again. She was a touch over 18"and two canoes came by just in time to see my lift her out of the water. I got a niceround of applausefor her...

The wonderful thing about trips like this is also the chance to get to see some unique things in nature that most people will never see or appreciate... We saw something swimming across the river that just simply looked odd; it really didn't look like a muskrat, an otter or a beaver... It definitely got our attention though, and we were amazed to learn that what we had been watching was actually anice 10" Rock Bass being held above the water by asnake as he swam for the shoreline to rest with his prize catch. He crawled out a safe distance and was content to let his prey "drown" out of the water so he could eat it without it putting up a fight... We paddled over to him and snapped some pics a mere two feet away from him. He was still there when we left...

It was an amazing weekend... and one I hope to replicate many, many times with my boys!!
Old 06-11-2007, 12:29 AM
Site Bouncer

Fantastic pics Greg / MO! Looks like you had a great weekend with your boy.

Thanks for sharing.
Old 06-11-2007, 12:38 AM
Site Bouncer

ORIGINAL: Cougars09

After looking at that picture again...What's your wingspan?
82in.

I have shot bows drawing32in to 33in formost of my life but recently went to a 31 1/2in draw and I couldn't be happier.Shortening my drawI have found to be far more conducive for hunting, especiallyin the late season when I am wearing bulky clothes.
Old 06-11-2007, 02:05 AM
Bartender

Me and my 6 yr old.

Old 06-11-2007, 08:07 AM
Nontypical Buck

Michael&Germ, The taxi aged him at 5 1/2 years old and Germ yes it is the one from the video.. Walt
Old 06-11-2007, 09:12 AM
Boone & Crockett

ORIGINAL: stikbow26

Michael&Germ, The taxi aged him at 5 1/2 years old and Germ yes it is the one from the video.. Walt
Video does not do that deer justice, he looks a lot bigger
Old 06-11-2007, 10:12 AM

Cool pics Greg. I have a group of guys I am guiding for smallies next week. I'm looking forward to seeing them smack the top waters.
Old 06-11-2007, 02:33 PM
Nontypical Buck

Germ, Thanks the video was lucky we were fighting camera problems when he came in and then that wonderful shot I made didn't help either. That was my 86th deer with a bow and the first one I ever spined. He wasn't very wide only 17 1/2 but he was real tall, He scored 147 gross!!! Walt

Quick Reply: Let's see your mugs!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.