Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Bow for Wife...

Old 05-19-2007, 09:39 PM
Typical Buck

Default Bow for Wife...

I have a bit fo a problem. My wife needs a new bow but she has a 31" draw (she is 6'2") It seems that the only bows we can find with that draw are all over 50 lbs., Which she can't draw. She is hoping she would be drawing 50 pounds by bow season the first of September but I don't forsee that happeneing.I am interested in getting her a parrell limb bow with high let off in the45 to 60 or 40 to 50 lb range.Any of them come to mind? Thanks!
Old 05-19-2007, 11:10 PM

Default RE: Bow for Wife...

Check out Oneida Bows The Black Eagle or even one of the older Steath models would work. Easy Draw weights, true let-off, great customer support too

Old 05-19-2007, 11:16 PM
Giant Nontypical

Go to a pro shop and make sure that is her draw length,it does sound a bit long but not out of the question.

Hoyt makes bows in that draw and poundage but you will most likely need to order one.
Old 05-20-2007, 07:52 AM
Nontypical Buck

I could shoot a 31" draw length myself. But I choose to shoot 30" with a little more bend in my elbow. I get better string clearance on my bow arm, which helps when adding layers. She would be better off shooting a shorter draw length than overbowing herself pound wise. A shorter draw length is better than too long.
Old 05-20-2007, 09:09 AM
Fork Horn

Parker has the Wildfire XP. You can get it in 31" draw and as low weight as 40-50 lbs. with 80% let off. You can change the cam modules as she gains strength in the growing up parker program. Runs about $50. Check it out at their site. My wife and I both shoot parkers and love them. NOt saying "Parker is the best", but they do have a great bow program for women and children!

http://www.parkerbows.com/pb/2007/bowselect.html?action=detail&detailsku=1015&am p;sex=Female&age=17-50&experience=beg
Old 05-20-2007, 09:14 AM
Typical Buck

Bow for Wife...
Sounds like a good trade!
Old 05-20-2007, 09:19 AM
Spike

Look into the Elite Ice bow. My wife has one and absolutely loves it!
Old 05-20-2007, 10:08 AM

The Ross CR334 comes in a 40-50 lb and up to 31" DL
Very sweet bow and easy to change the DL if it turns out it is too long for her

The Ben Pearson Z34 also comes in a 50 lb(that can be backed down to 40) in that DL
With that long of a DL I would point her towards the 33-35" DL bows
[/align]
Old 05-20-2007, 11:50 AM

My wife has the same problem. She uses a Bear Sportsman. And I would look into the Oneida,s
Old 05-20-2007, 12:29 PM
Nontypical Buck

Go to a pro shop and make sure that is her draw length,it does sound a bit long but not out of the question.
[blockquote]
I agree with TFOX, I would bet a 30" Draw would fit her perfect, I am over6'3" and shoot a 30" bow. With fingers a 31" DL fits me good, but with a releaseand a string loop which is1/2" a 30" fits me perfect. I dohave a very slight bend in my arm, but I like it becuase I can shoot with bulky clothes on such as the 3-D suit from ASAT or any heavy winter coat and never have to worry about hitting my arm. I also shoot very excellent at that draw lenght too I migh add. With working in a pro shop I see many archers who are shooting too long DL's. It is better to be shooting under than over the correct DL, if a archer is too long the accuracy goes to crap IMO. Of course you really don't want to be either long or short for that matter. I would have her DL checked out by a good pro shop if I were you.
[/blockquote]

Quick Reply: Bow for Wife...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.