Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 07 archery bear is down(pics)(story now) >

07 archery bear is down(pics)(story now)

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

07 archery bear is down(pics)(story now)

Old 05-18-2007, 06:55 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: 07 archery bear is down(pics)

That's pretty cool! Congrats! Can't wait to hear the story!
Old 05-18-2007, 07:01 PM
Giant Nontypical

That's a real BUTE!! You didn't waste any time, did you? Congrats on a fine kill. Can't waitfor the story.
Old 05-18-2007, 07:19 PM

GREAT bear congrats to you
Old 05-18-2007, 08:04 PM

Congrats man!!
Old 05-18-2007, 08:18 PM
Giant Nontypical

Great job,I can't wait untillI canget out there to hunt them with you.
Old 05-18-2007, 09:20 PM
Giant Nontypical

looks like a heavy weight!! love the chocolate color to. you just lived a dream of mine. one day, mabey one day!!congrats on a very nice one!!
Old 05-18-2007, 10:38 PM
Nontypical Buck

As paul harvey says, and now for the rest of the story, I have been de-ticked and showered and feel better now. Its time to sit back and have a cold one and ponder this years bear season.

I posted on day 9 of the bait being in, which was the first day of hunting on the bait.

Day 2 of hunting started off with kicking a bear off the bait at 4:00 pm. I sat up and the wait was on.

About 7:30 a small boar came in and decided that the top of my bait barrel was his new perch. When this bear got comfortable at 18 yards, the large bear I saw early on tuesday appeared and wandered into a clearing at 30 yards, without giving me the shot, While watching these 2 bears I could see bear number three in the background climbing a tree, that bear was a 3 year old sow that I passed on tuesday.

The bigger bear worked out of sight and over the hill. In the last hours of daylight, the bear, still sitting on the drum looked down the approach trail and ran away quickly. I knew then there was a bear appraoching, and it was probably a good one, I got ready as the large bear appeared and cruised by the bait and back into the opening, presenting me with a hard quartering shot, just like I like them. I heard the thump without the whack, telling me that I had a hard cavity hit, with the only thing in the way being vitals.

The bear ran about 30 yards into the brush and stopped, within a second or so I could hear it roll down the hill and started to hear crashing and one single moan. I walked down the ridge and it was getting VERY dark, I figured that I would wait until morning, instead of going in the dark.

I was going to post about it last night, but figured it to be bad karma until I had the bear in possesion today. I was able to walk right to it.

I knew that I had a lethal hit and knew the bear would be right there.

Let me tell you, it was still one sleepless night playing the scenario in my head. I called in sick today, (I actually was feeling sick that i had a nice bear laying on the mountain.)

Alot of time and preparation went into this hunt. The methods that I started using has produced very active bait sites where the bears will feed almost all day long. The hardest part is having the patience to put it all together as timing is very important.

I am going in on tuesday to let the cameraman shoot a bear. I am glad that i will have a chance to sit back and watch. I am hoping that blonde sow will cycle and bring in a nice boar for John, he deserves it!!!!

It is great to have a spot where mulitple bears come in every night, and everynight seems to bring a new visitor that I have never seen before.
Old 05-18-2007, 11:14 PM
Giant Nontypical

Well done!!!! Congrats on a great Bear!!!!!
Old 05-19-2007, 04:59 AM
Nontypical Buck

Congratulations! That's a beautiful bear!
Old 05-19-2007, 05:03 AM
Nontypical Buck

CONGRATS on a beautiful Bear!

Quick Reply: 07 archery bear is down(pics)(story now)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.