Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Muzzy Vs Slick Tricks >

Muzzy Vs Slick Tricks

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Muzzy Vs Slick Tricks

Old 05-18-2007, 02:40 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Muzzy Vs Slick Tricks

I'm asking because of the few posts in the gadgets thread.

They look very similar to me.

So what is it about the ST that folks like better than the Muzzy's?

Has 5 Shot done a test on them?

Tom
Old 05-18-2007, 02:47 PM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: Muzzy Vs Slick Tricks

Why do you thnk Muzzy came out with the MX4?

Because the ST is such an exceptional broadhead.

So what is it about the ST that folks like better than the Muzzy's?
All steel one piece furrels, machined furrels, sharper blades, thicker blades, better flight characteristics, exact weight, ability to spin the lock washer and tune them to each arrow, stronger, more durable, etc...

Having said this the Myzzy is an excelent broadhead that will kill everything you shoot it at but it isn't what a ST is IMHO.
Old 05-18-2007, 02:54 PM
Nontypical Buck

I'm pretty new here, but I thought there were a lot of past threads on here discussing ST's and Muzzy's.
Sure a lot of it is not technical, but there are a lot of testimonials.
I do think 5 shot did a test on the STs, but I think it is in his pay section. He recently upped his score on the ST due to refined blades.
Old 05-18-2007, 05:08 PM
Nontypical Buck

ST's have 100% steel one piece ferrules. Muzzy's have two peice aluminum ferrules.

ST's have .035" stainless steel blades. Muzzy MX-4's are .025" and regular Muzzy's are .020" thick.

Also, the ST's seem to fly better - exactly like field points. Possibly because the blades are at a steeper angle.

The ST's are basically a more sturdy design and more durable than the Muzzys. But Muzzy's are a great head also.
Old 05-18-2007, 05:35 PM
Nontypical Buck

i shoot the slick tricks and love them they fly just like my field points i don't have to adjust a thing . Very durable

[/align]
Old 05-31-2007, 11:32 AM
Nontypical Buck

I shoot a 60lb Martin Bengal with a 25 inch draw and i am wondering if i should get the Magnums or Standards?
Old 05-31-2007, 11:48 AM
Nontypical Buck

Well said bigbulls. you are the most outspoken about the Slicks, but I can't be far behind. I love mine, and everything the bigbulls is true about these heads. G5 came out with a 4-blade stiker this year too, in order to compete with the Slick Trick. If they were a big company like Muzzy, I think you see way more people shooting them, but they don't advertise, just word of mouth.
Old 05-31-2007, 02:53 PM
Nontypical Buck

I have NEVER had a problem with MUZZY.
Old 05-31-2007, 06:13 PM
Giant Nontypical

I have been bowhunting for 2 1/2 years. I have killed 5 deer and about a dozen hogs shooting 100 gr 3 blade Muzzy's with excelent results. Last week I picked up a pack of ST 100gr Magnums. Why if I was happy with the Muzzy's? Why not? I keep hearing such great reports on them from members here with opinions that I respect, I wanted to try them. I hope to test one on a hog this weekend. Ausie-guy and another friend are joining me on a hog hunt Saturday night. I hope to post pics of ST blood trails and damage to flesh!
Old 05-31-2007, 07:01 PM

ORIGINAL: gzg38b

ST's have 100% steel one piece ferrules. Muzzy's have two peice aluminum ferrules.

ST's have .035" stainless steel blades. Muzzy MX-4's are .025" and regular Muzzy's are .020" thick.

Also, the ST's seem to fly better - exactly like field points. Possibly because the blades are at a steeper angle.

The ST's are basically a more sturdy design and more durable than the Muzzys. But Muzzy's are a great head also.
What he said....

Quick Reply: Muzzy Vs Slick Tricks

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.