Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Someone I know...... >

Someone I know......

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Someone I know......

Old 05-15-2007, 03:02 PM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: Someone I know......

ORIGINAL: huntingson

It is disappointing to me to read how many people on here think that it isacceptable to poach animals and that it is not the business ofhunters to police our own.
Amen

Old 05-15-2007, 03:09 PM
Nontypical Buck

Decisions are always harder when they involve friends. There even harder when they involve friend's kids. I wouldn't even start to question GMMAT on any decision he makes on handiling this.

On the other hand we should all be vigilant against poachers. No matter how ethical we truly are, we will be judged by some, on the actions of poachers and unethical hunters.
Old 05-15-2007, 03:23 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: zubba

Agree 100%. I don't care if your a farmer, priest, celeb, or joe blow.....there isn't anything right about poaching animals. It is beyond me how people can feel good doing it.
This post is obviously not about GMMAT feeling good about poaching. I don't think anyone is condoning a lax attitude to poaching here. But you have to consider the circumstances one is faced with (the what, when, where, why) and the appropriate, proportional response.

This reminds me of zero tolerance policies at schools. Since no one has the gumption any more to make decisions about morality, they just institute zero tolerance policies. So the young boy who forgets his boy scout pen knife in his backpack gets expelled for weapons, or the young boy who innocently pecks a girl on the cheek gets expelled for sexual harrassment.

Old 05-15-2007, 03:58 PM
Nontypical Buck

[blockquote]quote:

ORIGINAL: zubba

Agree 100%. I don't care if your a farmer, priest, celeb, or joe blow.....there isn't anything right about poaching animals. It is beyond me how people can feel good doing it.
[/blockquote]

This post is obviously not about GMMAT feeling good about poaching. I don't think anyone is condoning a lax attitude to poaching here. But you have to consider the circumstances one is faced with (the what, when, where, why) and the appropriate, proportional response.

Without a doubt. I know GMMAT doesn't support poaching.....I was just stating in general, how can anyone feel good about it.
Old 05-15-2007, 04:05 PM
Giant Nontypical

That Zubba shocker you got there prolly wouldn't feel to tarriffic either but you seem to promote it.
Old 05-15-2007, 04:09 PM

you did the right thing.