Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Flooded Missouri hunting land >

Flooded Missouri hunting land

Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Flooded Missouri hunting land

Old 05-10-2007, 09:21 PM

Default Flooded Missouri hunting land

Went this morning to see how much flood water I got on my place. 10 miles north of the Missouri River and 4 miles north of the Grand River in Chariton County. Put on my chest waders and walked to two of my tree stands and was in knee to waist deep water. Two of my trail cams were about a foot above water level. Brought them home. 37 of my 48 acres is usually dry timber and the entire 37 acres is completely flooded. Never thought I'd see the day when this happened. Any of you Missouri hunters get any flooding on your hunting ground?
Old 05-11-2007, 03:21 AM

Default RE: Flooded Missouri hunting land

Hopefully it dries up quick for ya
Old 05-11-2007, 08:29 AM

I live closer to St. Louis and yesterday afternoon we had a storm that dumped 2 inches of rain on us in 30 mins. Most rain I've seen in a LONGG time. We have a low area in our backyard that all the hills drain into and it was wasit deep.
Old 05-11-2007, 10:39 AM

i'm just jealous you have land above the river to hunt....i'll have to stick to these southern mo deer.
Old 05-11-2007, 04:43 PM

Yeah my land is in southwest/southcentral mo so we're clear of any flooding goin on. Feel sorry for you brothers in MO who're getting flooded out. I wouldn't think it would affect you come fall though.

I'm near Belleville, IL now and we got about 2" of rain in about an hour and half yesterday. Rained all last week too.
Old 05-11-2007, 06:17 PM
Nontypical Buck

I live about a mile and half from the Missouri River and am starting to see more deer on the drive to and from work. They are being pushed off of the islands and out of the flood plain up to higher ground. I hope the river stays up untill deer season.
Old 05-14-2007, 08:51 AM
BKE
Fork Horn

Hey there AntlerAddict, I've been thinking about you guys out there. Sorry to hear about the farm butalong the same lines thatmidwestj stated hopfully it is all straightened out by this fall, it should be. I talked to the uncle yesterdaythere in Bosworth and he's dry but basically surrounded by high water inmost all directions. His farming partner lostclose to 500 acres of corn in the bottoms so guess that willchange tobeans now. At least ya'll are safe so stay positive.
Old 05-15-2007, 11:23 PM
Nontypical Buck

Thats crazy. The floods were pretty bad in the Columbia area as well