Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Rocket Bunker Busters...Is it just me... >

Rocket Bunker Busters...Is it just me...

Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Rocket Bunker Busters...Is it just me...

Old 05-10-2007, 10:19 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default Rocket Bunker Busters...Is it just me...

Or does this design look like is would inhibit good penetration? I'm no engineer or physicist, but this design does not look like it would penetrate well to me. First, it's got a big fat ferrule that has to push through tissue. It's a low profile broadhead with steep angled blades which require more energy. It's got a step in the ferrule that tissue can get caught on. Finally, it's got that knurled sleeve that will create friction.

I could be completely wrong and these could be the best thing since sliced bread, but on first impression I don't think they would do well.

Any thoughts? 5shot?
Old 05-10-2007, 10:32 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Rocket Bunker Busters...Is it just me...

Yeah, I could see where it could get slowed down in a hurry. I don't think I'd use them just on looks.
Old 05-10-2007, 10:42 AM
Boone & Crockett

I agree

Kind of looks like Flash Gordons rocket ship[&:]
Old 05-10-2007, 10:43 AM

i don't like the way they look
Old 05-10-2007, 10:46 AM
Dominant Buck

I don't have any questions in my mind that this would still blow through a deer with MY set-up......but I STILL don't like the looks of it.
Old 05-10-2007, 10:52 AM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: GMMAT

I don't have any questions in my mind that this would still blow through a deer with MY set-up......but I STILL don't like the looks of it.
ONLY IF YOU HIT IT!!! LOL!
Old 05-10-2007, 11:16 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: txjourneyman

ORIGINAL: GMMAT

ONLY IF YOU HIT IT!!! LOL!
Ohhhhh! Below the belt!

Your right though, they dont look like they would penetrate as wel as other broadheads out there
Old 05-10-2007, 11:19 AM
Giant Nontypical

You know, they may be great for turkeys where you're looking for that extra 'wallop' in addition to the cut... I've heard of people placing washers behind their broadheads; here, it looks like they've done it for you!
Old 05-10-2007, 11:25 AM
Giant Nontypical

I see that the knurled piece actually slips down over the tip of the arrow, concealing the tip of the insert up inside.

What the heck is the purpose of that? Maybe the same principle as the old Beman external inserts - adding a little more structural integrity to the tip of the arrow?

Yeah, I'd agree - look for the Rocket Bunker Buster to come to a clearance aisle near you. Nobody is gonna buy those things... Then again, Matthews has been selling the same bowin different camo patterns and withdifferent (prettier)limbs/risersfor 10 years straight, raising the price every year, and there are still people lined up to get them. Bowhunters can be strange ducks, and if they market it right, anything is possible.
Old 05-10-2007, 11:39 AM
Giant Nontypical

Then again, Matthews has been selling the same bowin different camo patterns and withdifferent (prettier)limbs/risersfor 10 years straight, raising the price every year, and there are still people lined up to get them.
Hey, watch it pal. I just picked up one of those nifty "new" Mathews.

I think the knurled piece is supposed to help ensure proper alignment to eliminate any wobble. To me, just us an arrow squaring tool and make sure you've got your inserts seated right and you've done the same thing.

I don't see a bright future for these. I think the Bunker Busters may be a bust.

Germ,

Flash AHHHHHH!

Quick Reply: Rocket Bunker Busters...Is it just me...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.