Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.
View Poll Results: A poll
4in. Gateways on a helical with cool onestringer wrap
30.00%
Blazer at on offset with a cool onestringer wrap
65.00%
Mix it up and go half and half
5.00%
Voters: 20. You may not vote on this poll

What to do

Old 05-09-2007, 07:49 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default What to do

I am going to wrap some arrows pretty soon again and wonderin what yall think i should do.
Old 05-09-2007, 08:32 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: What to do

I would go with the blazers and thats what I'm gonna do when I get my wraps from onestringer
Old 05-09-2007, 08:36 PM
Giant Nontypical

I would go with Trueflight feathers over Gateway if you were going to go feathers... for most of us that have shot both companies, we'll tell you there's no comparison.
Old 05-09-2007, 08:56 PM

That's a tough question for me. I've been toying w/ the idea of going back to feathers from blazers.
Not that the blazer's don't do well , but I shot some of my arrows that still have helical feathers on them a couple days ago and they grouped better.

I also like the little better foc w/ the feathers. They penetrated the target several inches better and the only diff. was blazers vs. feathers. Same point/arrow.

Besides , feathers look cool w/ wraps.
Old 05-09-2007, 09:50 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: Greg / MO

I would go with Trueflight feathers over Gateway if you were going to go feathers... for most of us that have shot both companies, we'll tell you there's no comparison.

I agree that feathers are the way to go.

Greg,I have shot Tru flight feathers as well as Gateways and there definately is no comparison with the theconsistancy of the bases of the Tru Flight feathers.The tru Flights win hands down.However,I shot 3" camo Gateways for about 3 years and they are/did hold up much better than my Tru Flights have been.It is strange but the Tru Flights seem to be coming apart and missing some fletch for no apparent reason.They just seem to be weaker than the Gateways.

It may be just the difference between the 3" and the 4" but the Gateways just seem to hold up better.

What in particular do you think the Tru Flights advantage is over the Gateways.The bases for sure but is my experience different than yours?
Old 05-09-2007, 10:02 PM
Giant Nontypical

To be fair, I've ONLY shot the 4" in both... so I can't speak to any of the others. As far as my experience with those, though... Yeah, the bases definitely was the major thing. The feathers themselves also seemed to have a better shape, and seemed thicker. That could have been in my mind though, but I just thought the True Flights were a better quality feather. I actually just ordered 200 of them from 3Rivers Archery at the start of the summer.

And this may not be a quality issue (certainly, it's not...), but I'm a big fan of barred feathers, and the bars look WAY better to me from Tru Flight than they do from Gateway.
Old 05-09-2007, 10:09 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: archer58

I also like the little better foc w/ the feathers. They penetrated the target several inches better and the only diff. was blazers vs. feathers. Same point/arrow.

You really think thats why? Because the difference in about 10 gr of weight will not equal enough momentum to give you "several inches" more penetration, nor will it give you more speed (edit: at least not enough speed to quantify that much more penetration into the target). Either you were shooting a different spot on the target, from a different range, using a different arrow or you are just grossly exaggerating to justify not being able to make up your mind.

I digress, what is a onestringer? Sounds like a decent but not great day fishing.

If you want forgiveness, use feathers, as long as you don't hunt in the rain (you can always use the powder however).

If you want durability, use blazers.

I'd go with blazers, fletched helical.
Old 05-09-2007, 10:12 PM
Giant Nontypical

I definately agree that when fletching and the overall appearance,the Tru Flights win hands down.But when I shot the gateways for 3 years,they all held up with no breakage and the Tru Flights are falling apart on some of my arrows after just 6 months.The normal freighing was present but that was it.

The only reasonI tried the gateways was that I liked the looks of the red camo and grey camo. It was a cool fletching together but they ended up holding up better.I also think that the 3" makes a difference.

Old 05-10-2007, 06:44 AM
Nontypical Buck

go with the blazers

[/align]
Old 05-10-2007, 01:42 PM
Nontypical Buck

onestirnger is the guys that makes some of the cheapest custome great looking wraps in the classifieds

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.