Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Anyone use 4 vanes? >

Anyone use 4 vanes?

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Anyone use 4 vanes?

Old 05-07-2007, 07:20 AM
Dominant Buck

Default Anyone use 4 vanes?

I'm thinking of getting a few arrows fletched this way .....just to try out in the off-season.

What would be some of the advantages OR DISadvantages of this type of fletching?

Thanks.
Old 05-07-2007, 07:52 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Anyone use 4 vanes?

I have tried 4 quikspins but it did not seem to perform better than 3 QS's or 3 blazers. It could add more weight to stiffen your spine. 4 vanes would seem to give more spin/control of the arrow but I would imagine if your bow is tuned to the arrow you wouldn't need it.
Old 05-07-2007, 08:05 AM
Boone & Crockett

Used to use 4" on an offset but since I went to Blazers and have such great success with arrow flight and broadhead flight I doubt I go back.

One thing I noticed is you can get a harder offset with 2" Blazers as you can 4" vanes, obviously on these skinner carbons or in my case ACC's the longer the vane, the less the offset.

Nothing wrong with 4" fletch tho, we've been using it for so many years with success in the past.
Old 05-07-2007, 08:09 AM
Dominant Buck

Not 4 INCH, Rob.....4 VANES.
Old 05-07-2007, 08:13 AM
Boone & Crockett

ORIGINAL: GMMAT

Not 4 INCH, Rob.....4 VANES.
LOL, too many early mornings.....passed 3 jakes this morning b4 work at 15 yards.

Disregard my earlier post other than, 3 Blazers have worked perfectly, as well as 3 4" vanes, don't see the need for a 4th tho it can't hurt. The more air drag you have at the tail of the arrow, the better the broadhead stabilizations.
Old 05-07-2007, 08:14 AM
Nontypical Buck

Why even try it? Heck three vanes stabilize all fixed heads out of a well tuned bow, so what would the advantage be to using 4 vanes?
Old 05-07-2007, 08:21 AM
Nontypical Buck

I fletched two arrows with 4 vanes. The Blitzenburger jig had the presets for both 90 degree and 70x105 degree, so I did both just out of curiosity. Honestly, neither flew any better than the three vane arrows. Since flight didn't improve, I stripped them and refletched with three. No sense, IMO, adding the extra weight and dragin the back end if it's not helping. They sure do look great with four vanes, though.
Old 05-07-2007, 08:23 AM
Dominant Buck

Heck three vanes stabilize all fixed heads out of a well tuned bow, so what would the advantage be to using 4 vanes?
Couldn't tell ya......which is why I asked the question!!
Old 05-07-2007, 08:32 AM
Fork Horn

I used to shoot 4 vanes for 1 reason that in a spot and stalk situation there is no wrong way to put an arrow on the string. I changed for some unknown reason years ago and havent shot 4 vanes since.

Rogue
Old 05-07-2007, 08:51 AM
Nontypical Buck

I shoot with 6 vains staggered [8D]

Quick Reply: Anyone use 4 vanes?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.