Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Bowhunting Ink, anyone? >

Bowhunting Ink, anyone?

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Bowhunting Ink, anyone?

Old 05-04-2007, 09:24 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default Bowhunting Ink, anyone?

I've always liked tattoos and viewit like taxidermy as a trueexpression of artwork...for several years I've wanted to get a couple done.One of a buck that I killed thatmeanta lot to me, I have the drawingready to go for thetattoo artistand another of a band of my personal favorite shed antlers ive picked up over the years ...I'd put thataround my bicep. I'd also like to do one that incorperates my family, my boys and wife's initials or something..

Anyone one else here already have some Bowhunting related ink? Or plan too? just curious. share pix if you have them..
Old 05-04-2007, 09:31 AM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: Bowhunting Ink, anyone?

I've been throwing around the idea of having a rutting bull elk done on my left shoulder blade. About 5 or 6" square.
Old 05-04-2007, 09:34 AM
Nontypical Buck

I have an arrow w/broadhead on the back of my right arm. It starts at the top of my arm and looks like it's popping out of my skin, then comes down to just above my elbow. I plan on getting the other arm done to match, only with a wooden arrow w/tied-on knapped head. I just need to draw something up and get to the tattoo shop one of these days.

I also have a small deer head/skull on my back between my shoulders. I'd like to get something done around that eventually, but who knows when that will happen.
Old 05-04-2007, 09:44 AM
Nontypical Buck

I have a knapped stone head with a buck head silhouette in the middle on my upper arm and chinese characters that meanarcher on the palm side of my foremarm ,along with a few other non-hunting tats.
Old 05-04-2007, 09:52 AM
Nontypical Buck

APAJaws (Dan) has quite a few but one in particular that I think is pretty cool.

Old 05-04-2007, 10:00 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Rick James

APAJaws (Dan) has quite a few but one in particular that I think is pretty cool.

That is the single coolest wildlife tatoo I've ever seen. I'm planning on getting one similar on the back of my calf. I've got 3 tattoos, one of which is a half sleeve on my left arm, a tribal band on my right bicep, and a cross on my back. I'd like to get something similar to that on my calf though, that is incredible artwork.
Old 05-04-2007, 10:13 AM

I've got a deer skull on my bicep
Old 05-04-2007, 10:13 AM
Nontypical Buck

I have been toying with the idea of having a mountain lion tatooed on my shoulder blade(favorite animal), to me it epitomizes what is wild and still untouched by man. I want to have it done so it looks like it is clawing its way out of my back.

Shane
Old 05-04-2007, 10:14 AM
Giant Nontypical

Wow... I would have never thought about turning that painting into a tat... really cool.

I heard about one guy that got the "Bowman" logo used by Bowtech (the guy kneeling shooting the bow) as a tattoo... I think that would be OK, because even though it's a company-associated thing, it doesn't have the manufacturer's name in it. Sort of like the Browning buck.
Old 05-04-2007, 10:16 AM
Super Moderator

I never ever wanted a tattoo or even remotely thought about one until recently. And at almost 53 years old maybe I am getting a little crazy. Having giving it much thought I wouldn't mind having two arrows crossing on my right shoulder, a small one of course. If that turned out nicely then perhaps a tattoo of a 200" buck somewhere..........doubt I will ever shoot one, but I could wear one.

That tattoo shown my Rick James is awesome, but not my cup of tea.

Quick Reply: Bowhunting Ink, anyone?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.