Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Big 6pt

Old 05-02-2007, 11:35 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Big 6pt

I've found only a few 3x3 whitetail sheds over the years and I have never seen a 3x3 whitetail on the hoof.. most of our bucks go from nub bucks at .5 years oldto little 4x4's at 1.5
Old 05-02-2007, 03:39 PM
Giant Nontypical

Yeah i kind of thought that to when i was looking at the buck. That was the first time i had seen a deer done that way. Reminds me of my trapping days. I skinned many of coon, mink, fox and coyotes that way.
ORIGINAL: HuntingBry

Those are some big 6ers. I'd be happy to take any of them. It looks like most of them are 3.5 years and up. That's a trophy to me.

Bloodcreek, in the background of the first pick you can see that deer's skinned tail. That's the first time I've ever seen that. Creepy.[:'(]
Old 05-02-2007, 04:26 PM
Typical Buck

All great lookin bucks fellas.....heck i'd be glad to tag any of those 6ers...
Old 06-01-2007, 01:56 PM

nice 6 point-- i know a guy from seinfeld whod love a big 6 like that.
Old 06-01-2007, 02:06 PM

I had to let a giant 6 point walk a few years back. I was archery hunting in a WMU that was a mandatory 4 pts on a side and this big 3X3 walks past me at 20 yards. We had seen this buck for several years but because he was in a 4pt restriction WMU nobody could take him. Thats the one downside of the antler restrictions here in PA, this buck was obviously mature and obviously wasnt getting any better antler growth but nobody could shoot him and remove those genes from the herd.
Old 06-01-2007, 02:17 PM
Nontypical Buck

APAJaws has a pair of 3x3 sheds he picked up in the Albany County bow only zone thatis absolutely huge, it has10" G2's and 5" bases.
Old 06-01-2007, 08:04 PM

I'd pay good money to shoot a 6 like the one BloodCreek posted. You can quote me on that! I'm convinced it's the hardest trophy to attain. Think about it, how many big, and when I say big, I mean nasty, 6 point whitetails have you seen? And big nasty 10's?