Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Who bowhunts exclusively >

Who bowhunts exclusively

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Who bowhunts exclusively

Old 04-27-2007, 10:42 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Who bowhunts exclusively

The only thing that I don't hunt with a bow is squirrels. Arrows are to expensive.
Old 04-27-2007, 10:44 AM
Nontypical Buck

This is the start of my 51st year of Biggame Bowhunting-I have never purchased a Biggame Gun tag.
On the last day of my $3000 Caribou Hunt as we were waiting for the plane to pick us up we had 3 very good Bulls top a ridge 100 yards from our camp. You can use either bow or gun. I had 1 very nice Archery Bull & one empty tag-the guide walked up to me with his rifle & in his French accented voice said-it is a easy shot from here-you may take him now. I said thank you, & declined-I came home with one & everyone else had their 2 bulls. Archery all the way. I have been fortunate to have taken MANY different animals over the years (guessing over 200) but ya know-I must have missed twice that many-can "YOU" imagine "ALL' the rushes I have experienced in my lifetime????? IT IS GREAT!!!!!!!! Just a few of MANY Bucks.

Old 04-27-2007, 10:46 AM

People still hunt withrifles????
Old 04-27-2007, 11:08 AM

I have a collection of muzzleloaders and centerfires that are collecting nothing but dust. Last thing I killed with a rock was a caribou with my flintlock 5 years ago, come to think of it, I've never killed anything with a centerfire rifle... I guess that working as a gunsmith gave me too much access to deals I just couldn't refuse.
Old 04-27-2007, 11:40 AM
Giant Nontypical

BHO except for quail,ducks,and phesant.
Old 04-27-2007, 01:44 PM
Giant Nontypical

Longbows and recurves only for me.
Old 04-27-2007, 01:55 PM
Typical Buck

Bow only for me!! The only thing that the gun comes out for me is for rabbits, and I sometimes take out the bow for them. I have no desire whatsoever to hunt big game with a gun.
Old 04-27-2007, 03:18 PM
Site Bouncer

I still use firearms as well as my bow for all types of game. I find that the challenge while different, can sometimes be just as difficult if not more with certian types of firearms. I enjoy firearms and the different manner of hunting they provide way too much to ever stop using them.
Old 04-27-2007, 05:20 PM
Nontypical Buck

Up until justa coupleseasons ago I hadn't put much emphasis on any form of gun hunting.However, nowthat my kids are begining to hunt and the fact that Illinois allows them to hunt with a firearm and a legally licensed adult before many can even pull the minimum 40# draw weight required for archery,..... this means that I get to share the outdoors with my kids while teaching them respect for firearms and safe and responsible gun handling. That's fine by me though, I started the same way and I believe it was a great intro.About the only gun I seem to carry these days is the trusty Thompson/Center and that's simply because during the Illinois Firearm season we are NOT allowed to carry a bow. It's either carry your muzzleloader or stay home,.... that simply isn't an option during mid november in Illinois!

Old 04-27-2007, 05:34 PM
Boone & Crockett

Bow and on a rare occaision muzzle loader but havn't done so in 10 years or so I guess. Probally a result of no place to hunt useing a gun but that isn't a bad thing.

Quick Reply: Who bowhunts exclusively

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.