Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Piebald Buck

Old 04-25-2007, 09:04 PM

Default Piebald Buck

I was asked to put this in the bowhunting forums from another bowhunter that was in the contest this past year. Sorry for the delay, I have been really busy with school and work and havent really had much extra time. Anyways.....heres the story...

He came out about 20 yards and was looking at me, so I rushed my shot, and i heard it crack, but where i shot there were some branches in the way, so i didnt know if I had hit him or not. After I shot he ran about 50 yards up the field and stood there for a few minutes, I called with the grunt and doe estrus call and he didnt respond at all. Then he went in the woods and presented me with a 40 yard shot and just as I was about to pull back again, he stumbled a bit, so I thought that I may have hit him and decided not to take the shot. Left him lay for 30 minutes and my uncle came over to help track him. My arrow was solid blood, but there wasnt much of a blood trail. We walked up to were he stopped in the field and my uncle said "where did you say he stumbled" and i showed him, and he says there he is and we both took a step. Just as we took a step the buck jumps up, appearing to be pretty strong and takes off in the thicket. After that I thought that my shot placement wasnt so good. So we let him lay for another hour and a half, come back to follow the blood and he ran another 60 yards and fell over while he was running. I know he isnt the big buck I was after this year, but this is a buck of a lifetime, and there is no way I would trade this deer for one of the other bigger bucks on our farm. The shot ended up going hitting the liver and exited out the gut, like I said I rushed my shot, but hes dead anyway. Oh yeah, I was reading that less than one percent of whitetail in the wild are piebald, well I got that less than one percent.

Old 04-25-2007, 09:07 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Piebald Buck

awesome buck... i could sworn i seen that pic here before?? no? maybe we had someone here get one last year and took a similar field pic..

awesome buck...congrats!! whered ya end up hitting him?? just curious
Old 04-25-2007, 09:08 PM
Typical Buck

Beautiful Buck! Glad you were able to recover him.

Welcome to the forum!
Old 04-25-2007, 09:10 PM
Giant Nontypical

AWESOME... simply AWESOME!!!!

You're right; I would have passed up many a shot at a bigger buck to get that one!!

There's only one problem if I'd have shot it... it would have cost me a LOT of money, because I would have certainly got a full body mount on that guy!
Old 04-25-2007, 10:20 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Greg / MO

AWESOME... simply AWESOME!!!!

You're right; I would have passed up many a shot at a bigger buck to get that one!!

There's only one problem if I'd have shot it... it would have cost me a LOT of money, because I would have certainly got a full body mount on that guy!
yeah no kidding! My buddy shot a salt and pepper piebald this year and got the full body! It's amazing. Congrats kid! Very very very beautiful animal!
Old 04-26-2007, 03:12 AM

nice story and buck
Old 04-26-2007, 05:23 AM
Spike

So, what kind of mount are you having done on it?
Old 04-26-2007, 05:39 AM
Nontypical Buck

What a great buck. Hopefully he passed some of his genetics on so you might be able to get a crack at a second one.
Old 04-26-2007, 05:50 AM
Dominant Buck

That's a great buck....on being unique, alone. That photo, if I'm not mistaken, was on the contest page, last season.

Congrats to tyour friend.
Old 04-26-2007, 06:32 AM
Nontypical Buck

Beautiful my friend. Absolutely beautiful.

Quick Reply: Piebald Buck

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.