Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Feel like buying some new camo >

Feel like buying some new camo

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Feel like buying some new camo

Old 04-25-2007, 09:28 PM

Default RE: Feel like buying some new camo

ORIGINAL: MOmightymite

I know this may get some people going, but I dont care cuz i really believe in this stuff. I think Enigma is the way to go. Many dont like the looks of the pattern, but it isnt all about looks. It is how well it works. After turkey hunting in this stuff i can say that i belive in it as far as blending in with my surroundings and breaking up my outline. I also love the feature that come with it. You can get the three velcro wrist and forearm strap that can be losened or tightened depending on how much you layer. This keeps your clothes tight against your arms so your string doesnt hit it. Another great feature is the straps on the back of the jacket. By tightening them down it helps to stop the draft that you often get. With the pants, everything is adjustable as well. You can adjust around the waist to fit as much clothes as needed. Another feature is the extra long zipper on the pant legs to allow you to put them on and off with your bots on. Plus the wolfskin fabric is super quiet and almost waterproof. Not to mention customer service with Chuck is awesome! Just my thoughts.
Enigma seems well built with good options........another possibilty.
Old 04-25-2007, 09:29 PM

ORIGINAL: mobowhuntr

My choices would be 2....Enigma or ASAT. I wore ASAT fall of '05 with good success, but had great success w/ Enigma fall of '06. Only once all fall did I have a deer so much as look my direction, but hey......When they are 12 yards behind your stand a fella just can't usually get away w/ standing up and stretching, unless of course he's the invisible man. [8D]

I had a flock of turkeys merely FEET away, and I wasn't spotted....Well, I guess I can't say that for sure, I don't speak turkinese, but they never spooked, how's that. That happened several times last year, and I've never seen more deer out of my stands than I did last fall. I'm sure it's not all to do w/ camo, but I'm convinced at least half of it is.

Couple the awesome pattern with the wolfskin,fully customizable gear, and superb craftsmanship, and I'll be using it again this year.
I like the fabric and options of Enigma better then the pattern........which is the only reason I haven't bought it yet.........that may change soon though.
Old 04-25-2007, 09:34 PM

ORIGINAL: quiksilver

I truly can't stand wearing a jacket that "crinkles" when I move
YES...........PLEASE guys..........let me know if any of this stuff has noise issues. Thanks Quick

Honestly, you guys would probably laugh if you saw what I wear hunting. It's a mishmash of 20 different camo patterns, a totally random collection of clothing.

Sounds like me..........I have worn a $15 fleece jacket and mismatched pants of all kinds over the last couple years because they are quiet and comfortable.
Old 04-25-2007, 09:34 PM
Giant Nontypical

If you're thinking about an open pattern, I'dopine that the Predatorline is the cream of the crop. That is, from a pattern perspective only. I'm far too po' to be forking out that much dough for hunting pants and jackets, so I don't know how they actually fit - just going by what they have on their website. It might fit like a garbage bag for all I know, but it sure looks like a really good pattern.

You're definitely right about those fleece camo jackets, atlas. They're HARD to beat. I rotate between two - I have a heavy one (Whitewater Outdoors) and a lighter one (Columbia).

I tried on some fleece jackets in an outfitter grey pattern at Cabela's, and they were REALLY nice, but I just couldn't bring myself to part with that kind of bling bling for a hunting coat that really wasn't all that much better than the ones I already had.

I think it was this stuff - http://cabelas.com/cabelas/en/templates/links/link.jsp?type=product&cmCat=Related_IPL_930472 &id=0033526932534a If you like fleece, you'll like this coat. But you won't like the pricetag (considering that it doesn't have any kind of scentblocking liner).

Old 04-25-2007, 09:54 PM

I just picked up some Predator Deception camo this afternoon. Already have Natural Gear and Real Tree stuff - but I have been impressed the way game just doesn't seem to see the Double Bull Matrix blind in this same pattern, so I thought I'd give it a whirl.
Old 04-26-2007, 03:13 AM

i use real tree not had a problemb with it
Old 04-26-2007, 06:08 AM
Dominant Buck

I think Chuck Enigma)is a great PR guy...and his customer service is hard to beat.

That being said....I don't think it's MY best option in the early season.....due to the foliage still on our trees.....AND the material utilized. I find I "blend" better when the leaves are on the trees in a more dense camo pattern (I wear heatgear by UA and MO pants).....and the Enigma material is simply too hot for early season hunting in NC.

When the leaf drop occurs, though........the enigma is perfect.

Old 04-26-2007, 06:11 AM
Nontypical Buck

Has anyone heard anything about the "new" pattern chuck was working on, a revised version with a lighter background color and more contrast in the stripes/lines? I talked to him at length about this at the eastern sportsmans show and was hoping to see pics.........

The wolfskin material is simply amazing too...........I really like this stuff a lot.
Old 04-26-2007, 06:17 AM
Boone & Crockett

Ash and mud. Then roll around in leaves, sticks, pine needles etc.. you have instant camo for free .
Old 04-26-2007, 06:56 AM
Nontypical Buck

The skyline stuff is pretty sweet for late season when the leaves are down. I like some of you guys though, I wear a mishmash of stuff. My biggest problem is finding stuff that fits. I'm 6'10" so length is a big problem. Sleeves are usually way to short and pants as well usually look like capris. Does anyone know if the Enigma comes in bigger sizes? I need like a 3XT. MossyOak seems to be the one with the most sizes that fit me, so that is what I usually wear.

Quick Reply: Feel like buying some new camo

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.