Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Cardiac vs. Drenalin vs Guardian >

Cardiac vs. Drenalin vs Guardian

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Cardiac vs. Drenalin vs Guardian

Old 04-25-2007, 06:17 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Cardiac vs. Drenalin vs Guardian

Ive shot all three and pic the Cardiac hands down. For those of you who have had the pleasure of shooting all three whats your choice and why.
Old 04-25-2007, 07:55 PM

Default RE: Cardiac vs. Drenalin vs Guardian

I shot the Guardian today. I just cannot think of anything bad to say about it. It is smokin' fast, super-quiet, and as accurate as a bow can be.

I own a Mathews, but believe the Guardian is the finest bow ever built. Period.
Old 04-25-2007, 08:15 PM
Nontypical Buck

DrenalinGuardian Cardiac

Just kidding, just kidding!
They're all great bows. I just liked the feel of the Drenalin. (and the looks and the really cool name)
Old 04-25-2007, 10:41 PM

We just got the Cardiac in this morning, so I've only had a chance to play around with it today.

I've already posted how I feel about the Guardian; awesome bow after you get it drawn back [at 70#.] I've shot it a bit more since then set at about 64# and will admit that it makes quite a difference. Its an excellent bow, but I still prefer my Allegiance.

The Cardiac was... a bit interesting. It is significantly lighter than the CR334 and CR337 which we've had in stock for quite some time. It's a bit stiffer to draw than I was expecting, but I suppose you have to give something up in order to get more speed out of a single cam bow. We shot it through the chronograph with a 393 grain arrow, 29" draw, at 70#and consistently got speeds of 288 fps. Not too bad, really. There was more vibration in the grip at the shot than I had hoped and it liked to jump a bit. Threw on a Wild Thing and this cut both completely out. As far as single cam bows go, I'd choose the Black Ice over the Cardiac even though I'd lose a bit of speed.

If I had to choose between just those two [Guardian and Cardiac], I'd probably go with the Cardiac.
Old 04-26-2007, 03:11 AM

i like the drenalin
Old 04-26-2007, 09:27 AM
Giant Nontypical

Check out my thread And The Winner Is... I chose the Dreanalin. I did not like the draw at all on the Guardian. I loved the Cardiac until it started to fall apart while I was shooting it. The string suppressor fell off while shooting it. This is a know issue that Ross is now addressing, but it was a deal breaker for me.

I really like the Drenalin, but I am going to replace the grip. One thing I failed to mention in my comparison too was that the Drenalin had a more solid feeling wall than the Cardiac. Don't get me wrong, the Cardiac had a nice wall, but it felt like I could pull through it.

Bottom line, I put all three through the paces and I like the Drenalin. You couldn't go wrong with any of them though. This one really comes down to personal preference.
Old 04-26-2007, 09:48 AM
Nontypical Buck

I must say there are some excellent reviews showing up without the constant fanboy near cult like attitudes of other websites. Keep callin em like you see it guys and keep em comin.
Old 04-26-2007, 10:11 AM
Nontypical Buck

I shot all three,and I chose a Commander acually...based on draw length. Neither the Drenalin nor the Cardiac come in 32" (nor do manybows) but I really like my Commander. I traded my Old Glory for it, and am happy I did it. The shop I go to just picked up Ross, and they definitely are great looking bows, camo on them is awesome.
Old 04-26-2007, 05:17 PM
Spike

Drenalin is my choice . I love the feel and the looks of it. This is my first Mathews product. I shot five bows when picking mine out. Drenalin,Switchback Xt, Gaurdian,Cardiac,and Vetrix. That is the order I would rate them also. Before I thought Hoyt was the best bow ,but I feel they have fallen behind.
Old 04-27-2007, 02:52 AM

I'd rate the Drenalin and Cardiac as a tie.
I like the Ross grip better
I shot a Gaurdian and didn't care for it, for me.

I got a Drenalin set up for me last night and shot about 20 arrows out of it.
Very nice bow.
I'll be taking my Cardiac to the woods this morning to try and get a Tom.
Maybe next week I'll use the Drenalin?

Quick Reply: Cardiac vs. Drenalin vs Guardian

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.