HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Bowhunting (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting-18/)
-   -   Name Please? (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting/189595-name-please.html)

archer58 04-25-2007 04:28 PM

Name Please?

O.K. So this may be a stupid question but I'm a curious individual.

Where did your user name come from? How did you come up with yourlogin here?

There are obviously none the same. Some are simple to figure out, like MATT/PA. He's Matt from Pennsylvania.

Me...I was born in 1958 and archer seemed appropriate. Nothing too flashy.

Ithought it would be interesting to hear.

newman1 04-25-2007 04:30 PM

RE: Name Please?

pretty obvious here:D

RDHunter 04-25-2007 04:35 PM

First name starts with a R , middle name starts with a D and I like to hunt , so I'm a hunter hence the name RDHunter

PreacherTony 04-25-2007 04:35 PM

mine is a no-brainer ........er ...... wait a minute.....[8D]

MN/Kyle 04-25-2007 04:44 PM

good topic, i'm also curious about many.

My first name (kyle) starts with K and My last, with a P so there is the "KP" part.

The "Outdoor mafia" is a hunting group me and a buddy started. We're only up to five members (we're picky).Basically we hunt everything with BOW: Turkeys, Bear, Whitetail,,Caribou(trip of a lifetime)Carp, even GEESE! We try to lay it all down on film, and are in the process of making out first video.

Thats the story of my login name, and i'm stickin to it.

-outdoormafiaKP

gibblet 04-25-2007 04:47 PM

gibblets are in gravy, and gravy is good.

passthru79 04-25-2007 04:52 PM

Passthroughs are what I get and I was born in 79.

SwampCollie 04-25-2007 04:53 PM

<------------

AR Bowhunter 04-25-2007 04:59 PM

I am a bow hunter-tbow hunter only, tis the first letter in my first name.

MDBUCKHUNTER 04-25-2007 05:07 PM

I am from Maryland and I hunt exclusively back in Wisconsin for Bucks.

AZBear 04-25-2007 05:10 PM

First name is Barry and I'm 6'3" and 250# so every one always called me Bear. When I went to log on someone else already had Bear so since I live in Arizona it became AZBear.

KodiakArcher 04-25-2007 05:13 PM

Is it because I hunt Kodiaks or because I live in Kodiak? The intent was because I live here, but both are true.

Jr_120 04-25-2007 05:15 PM

Jr_120 becuase all my hunting partners call me Junior, and the 120 because we own 120 acres

curth83 04-25-2007 05:23 PM

my first name is curt, last name starts with an h, and 83 is my football number that i wore my whole playing career.

i used to be uncballers45. i just changed it earlier this month. i am a north carolina basketball fan and 45 used to be my basketball number.

BuckRogers 04-25-2007 05:29 PM

This is what I named one of the bucks I was scouting and eventually shot. Also its the name of scifi tv star (where the deer's name came from cuz it had "Buck" in it)

livinfortherut 04-25-2007 05:33 PM

Because i live for the rut

pigiron 04-25-2007 05:35 PM

I used to sit on that olddog and wait for the bus. It's been parked on the corner of our property forages. My grandfather made me paint it at least 3 or 4 times.........He called it pigiron.

dogslayer 04-25-2007 05:37 PM

I like to shoot prarie dogs .

Rhody Hunter 04-25-2007 05:53 PM

i'm a hunter from Rhode Island and Rhody is a slang name used for the state

[/align]

mauser06 04-25-2007 05:56 PM

first gun i ever purchased on my own was a Mauser 98...chambered in .30-06..hence the 06.

should change it to highlander since i use it more than the mauser...and 06 will still work..its an 06...but ive been mauser06 as long as i been on the net...and everywhere i go...you see a mauser06 its most likely me...

Hotburn76 04-25-2007 05:56 PM

When I first found this site I tried all kinds of names but all were taken. Did not want to have a "original" name and after trying many names gave up and used the one nick name I ever had. When I was real small, cant remember how old, but five or six I used to want to drink coffee with my grandfather. He lived right next door so I spent most of my time there. But one day I dumped a cup of hot tea since that was what I was allowed to have right in his lap! The first thing he shouted as I was launched was HOT BURN! Then him and my uncle always called me that when I was younger. The 76 is the year I was born.

maks_daddy 04-25-2007 05:58 PM

my daughter's name is Makayla and i'm her daddy, plus it sounds like Mack Daddy, kinda a play on words

PABuck_HNTR 04-25-2007 06:01 PM

I changed mine from fight4yourguns to the present because I wasn't spending nearly the time in the polotics forum as when I first came to this site. I picked fight4yourguns because thats what I was doing fighting with every ounce of free time I had for your right to bear arms. I still do, but not as hard core as I once was. I picked Trykonoisseur because I was shooting a Hoyt trykon last year. I kept the name , but lost the bow. I don't think I want to change names everytime I get a new bow or noone would ever know who the heck I am.:D

ahunter55 04-25-2007 06:27 PM

I started postin when I was 55 & I am a hunter. Now going on 66.

MichaelHunsucker 04-25-2007 06:44 PM

...i know, i know. Im really creative :D

LittleChief 04-25-2007 06:47 PM

Mine's pretty simple. Last name is Little and I'm a Chief in the Navy. Turn it around and that's what I'm called all the time.

rybohunter 04-25-2007 06:57 PM

Mine can go a couple ways, Name's Ryan and I'm a bowhunter, butmostly its becausemy nickname is Rybo and I'm a hunter.

early in 04-25-2007 07:01 PM

Mine's kind of obvious.:D

txjourneyman 04-25-2007 07:03 PM

I'm a journeyman electrician and I live in Tx although there is more to it than that. I started bowhunting 2 years ago. About the same time I found this site. My user name then was Txrookie since I was so green to archery and bowhunting. Over the past couple of years I feel as if my bowhunting career as progressed. I am certainly no longer a rookie. I have killed several deer and hogs and one coyote. I also do most of my own work. I own a bowpress and a fletching jig so I'm progressing on the technical side of things as well.So I changed my name to txjourneyman. I don't think I'll ever become a master in work or play so I won't be changing it again.

Rob/PA Bowyer 04-25-2007 07:07 PM

ORIGINAL: archer58

There are obviously none the same. Some are simple to figure out, like MATT/PA. He's Matt from Pennsylvania.

Yup! ;) :D

bloodcrick 04-25-2007 07:08 PM

It started at one of my favorite places to hunt that has since been mined out. Passed an arrow thru a buck standing in a creek. My buddy came to help me track it, he said you should call this place bloodcreek since that is where the bloodtrail started, in the creek. corny mabey, but thats me.:D

jmbuckhunter 04-25-2007 07:22 PM

John Mueller and I love to hunt bucks.

MichaelHunsucker 04-25-2007 07:26 PM

ORIGINAL: early in

Mine's kind of obvious.:D
Is it?

ORIGINAL: bloodcreek

corny mabey, but thats me.:D
Thats pretty cool actually...

archer58 04-25-2007 08:26 PM

ORIGINAL: Rob/PA Bowyer

ORIGINAL: archer58

Yup! ;) :D

I hope you didn't mind?

Hoytail Hunter 04-25-2007 08:33 PM

Donot attempt to unscramblemy identity'sbaffling and complex code for it is futile.

popeandyoungchaser 04-25-2007 08:38 PM

I have only ever killed one P&Y deer with a bow and i have vowed to harvest more!LOL!

DROCK 04-25-2007 08:44 PM

My job title is a watershed ranger and my call sign was 10, but it has since changed.

lifesadrag 04-25-2007 08:46 PM

Because life is dragging a deer out of the woods.......although as I'm getting older I should change it to "lifesacart".

quiksilver 04-25-2007 08:59 PM

Quiksilver is a surf company. For a brief stint of my life, I had the opportunity to live the dream on the east coast and surf everyday. (That is, if you define "living the dream" assurviving on Top Ramen and Cup-o-noodles, living in adingy beachfront shack, waiting tables for pennies on the dollar, spending every spare dollaron rent - beer - women - and boardshorts). I would sell my soul to have the chance to do that again, and there isn't a day that passes where I don't let my mind take me back... Tan girls, food on my plate, a roof over my head, a couple dollars in my pocket, daylight to burn andmy longboard calling my name. It just doesn't get any better than that.

Greg / MO 04-25-2007 09:06 PM

Cool story, Quiksilver...

I was MQ1shooter for the first four or fiveyears on here ... it became pretty obvious I'd made a mistake of associating my username with a certain brand once I got sponsored by someone else! ;)