Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Daughters first real scouting trip >

Daughters first real scouting trip

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Daughters first real scouting trip

Old 04-17-2007, 09:52 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default Daughters first real scouting trip

Took her out Sat. on her first real trip. It was very hard on her but she was a real trooper through it all. I hope she understood what she was seeing. After a while she would point out her own finds.

We were in the woods for 3.5 hours covering several hundred acres. Mountain biked in, but the ride out was more than she could take so we walked them out the last mile and a half.

The weather was less than perfect, cold and rain/snow mix. In spite of it all, the next day she told me she would never forget it. She may never but I think it will pale in comparision to the ones, Lord willing, she has to come.

Took her to the spots I'd hunted the year before and mentioned that I never did find a shaft that brought down a nice deer. She found it. Big smiles then.

Capped the trip off with dinner at an old time resturant. We ate well, deserving and needing every bite.
Old 04-17-2007, 10:59 AM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Daughters first real scouting trip

Sounds like things could not have been better! My 4yo can walk out to my stand without help(not that I would) and that is a mile back. I love to take her out in the woods, and her little sister is starting to enjoy it too. She just turned 2. Gotta love those times in Nature!
Dandbuck
Old 04-18-2007, 07:58 AM
Nontypical Buck

glad your daughter had fun. Our kids take the trail cam out with my husband. I've gone a few times too. I have to carry our 2 year old most of the way because he gets so distracted. I don't think there is anything more enjoyable than watching the kids when they go with their dad. Keep up the good work
Old 04-18-2007, 08:05 AM

awsome getting your daughter involved
Old 04-18-2007, 09:51 PM
TJF
Nontypical Buck

Even with the bad weather it sounds like you spent agreat memorableday with your daughter on her first big scouting trip. Thanks for sharing!!

Tim
Old 04-18-2007, 09:53 PM
Fork Horn

Thats great, looks like you two will have alot of hunting/scouting memories ahead of you.
Old 04-19-2007, 12:31 PM
Giant Nontypical

I was hopping it would light some fires. 2 of the other kids have been taking it more serious since then. What a blast it would be if all 4 of us could hunt together.
Old 04-19-2007, 01:29 PM
Nontypical Buck

I am pretty sure that did the trick. Hope it works.
Old 04-19-2007, 06:19 PM
Nontypical Buck

Treasure that memory, kids grow up so fast.

Reading your post brought back memories of taking my daughter hunting. Almost puts a tear in my eye.

She's almost 18 now and has lost interest.

Old 04-19-2007, 07:26 PM
Giant Nontypical

Same here Windwalker, I used to carry her in on my shoulder. Now she likes boys.[:'(]

Quick Reply: Daughters first real scouting trip

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.