Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Husband's birthday-need ideas/info >

Husband's birthday-need ideas/info

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Husband's birthday-need ideas/info

Old 04-15-2007, 08:24 PM

Default Husband's birthday-need ideas/info

Hi this is mudheads wife again. His birhtday is in July perfect time for hunting stuff. Thought I'd start early so I can save enough money for what I decide to get. I know He is on this sight but what I decided to do was ask a few questions some I have really been thinking about others just to throw off the scent. Then the rest is up to you guys. If you have an idea pass it along. When He gets his stuff I'll have him let you know what I decided. Okay a little bit of history to get you an idea of what my husband might like. He has the same bow from when he was 16. Just got a new string but didn't need new cables because they aresteel cables? He has a whisker biscuit that is new. Peep sight, shoots w/carbon arrows, has a fletching jig that does one arrow at a time. And here is my question of the day.... I bought my him a tacle box for his practice points(100), broadheads(muzzy), flethching jig, feathers, ect. Thinking of upgrading it because he has so much more stuff. What do you guys use to organize your stuff.In case you are worried that I do not know what I am talking about I can assure you that I go to Sportsman's wharehouse more than he does. He pours concrete so I run to the store if he needs something. I listen to him about hunting and sometimes read the articles. If there is something I don't know about I will ask. I am not claiming to be an expert just a wife who cares about her husband and his hobbies. I am just that way I've even learned quite a bit about concrete Thanks in advance!
Old 04-15-2007, 08:38 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Husband's birthday-need ideas/info

I have a nut and bolt organizer from the hardware store to keep everything seperate. Just get one with big drawers that pull out. Some have small drawers that just don't hold enough stuff. Hope you can surprise him.
Old 04-15-2007, 08:42 PM

I just hope I can hold off on giving them to him long enough. I have a hard time waiting. One year I bought a bunch of fishing tackle and for about a week and a half before his birthday he got a hook a day!!!!!!!!! But sometimes that's fun to right?
Old 04-15-2007, 08:56 PM
Dominant Buck

Who's Mudhead? I don't know him. Surprise him. Get him a 20 year old. LOL
Old 04-15-2007, 09:10 PM

ORIGINAL: mudhead1
I bought my him a tacle box for his practice points(100), broadheads(muzzy), flethching jig, feathers, ect. Thinking of upgrading it because he has so much more stuff. What do you guys use to organize your stuff.
A chest of drawers.

I have a tackle box too for my small tools , but I do have an old chest of drawers in a back room full of the other stuff.
A larger tin tool box from Sears would work and there's room to grow.

For feathers and vanes the best thing I've found is a clear plastic fishing lure box. The compartment's size can be changed w/ extra plastic seperators. I believe I got it at Wal Mart in the hardware section.
Old 04-15-2007, 09:10 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: davidmil

Who's Mudhead? I don't know him. Surprise him. Get him a 20 year old. LOL

That ain't right[]

Get him a new truck.

There are some VERY nice bow cases that will store and organize about all your normal hunting gear.

Here are just a few to choose from.

Throw in a small tackle organizer,this will suit most just fine.

http://www.basspro.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/Subclass_10151_-1_10001_400014009_400000000_400014000_?CMID=HUSUB_ OS_ARCHERY_BOWCASES
Old 04-15-2007, 09:15 PM
Giant Nontypical

A Cabela's or Bass Pro gift card always works well for me. Then when I go shopping I take my wife along and have a nice lunch somewhere. Win, win. BTW, who is Mudhead? Never saw him on the forumsI use.
Old 04-15-2007, 09:42 PM

mudhead has been on this forum, and the general deer hunting forum. He is new to this website. We just got our computer and came across this one. That is why I gave the generals of what he uses for hunting to help you help me. In response to getting him a 20 year old please keep your rude comments to yourself. I know that comingon a website that is mainly comprised of males I am going to see some things that I normally wouldn't and some of it I am used to since he does pour concrete. I feel that I am due at least a little bit of respect. Just to give some of you a little of my background I am a female who has expressed an interest in what her husband does and I am not afraid to get my hands or clothes dirty. But nevertheless I am a female. Just because a bunch of women before me wanted to blow women's rights out of proportion doesn't mean that I put myself on the same level as men. My husband is the leader of my household, he has final say. I feel that men are stronger than women not only physically but emotionally as well. Woman let their emotions get the better of them more than men. I am not saying men are incapable of feeling just that they are better at keeping their feelings in check. And I won't get into woman drivers but most suck.
Old 04-15-2007, 09:54 PM
Giant Nontypical

Mrs. mudhead, your a good womanand he's a lucky guy. Get him a Cabelas gift card, it's universal.
Old 04-15-2007, 10:10 PM
Typical Buck

SOUNDS LIKE HE NEEDS A NEW BOW TO ME/
TAKE HIM OUT TO LUNCH AND SUPRISE HIM BY TAKING HIM TO THE LOCAL ARCHERY SHOP AND HAVE HIM PICK OUT A NEW BOW!!!!!!!!!!!

A WIN WIN FOR ALL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

SOUNDS LIKE HE IS ONE LUCKY MAN TO HAVE A WIFE THAT CARES THAT MUCH

Quick Reply: Husband's birthday-need ideas/info

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.