Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.
View Poll Results: A poll
Double Bull
42.42%
Ground Max
9.09%
Eastman
6.06%
Other
42.42%
Voters: 33. You may not vote on this poll

What blind ?

Old 04-12-2007, 09:23 AM
Spike

Default What blind ?

What blind do you use and why?
Old 04-12-2007, 09:26 AM
Dominant Buck

Default RE: What blind ?

In reality......

I chose the DB because......

I didn't know a damned thing about ground blinds.....and I took the advice of someone I trusted before I made my purchasing decision.
Old 04-12-2007, 09:34 AM
Nontypical Buck

I've had about 4, and until you try a double bull you won't believe that you're wasting your money on the others. Honestly for turkeys... it really doesnt matter, but for deer it does. There aren't very many blinds that are no shine and no flap and made out of a quiet cotton material.

Yeah, they're expensive but they are well worth it.
Old 04-12-2007, 10:25 AM
Giant Nontypical

Double Bull ... why , because it's the best on the market although the new ASAT blind will give Double Bull a run for the money.
The Double Bull blends in well in any type of enviroment and very mobil , easy to transport.
I don't know to much about the ASAT blind but from what I've seen and read , it could just as good or even better than the Double Bull.
Old 04-12-2007, 10:35 AM
Banned

Double Bull and Eastman ASAT as of now. Both are great blinds is my reason.
Old 04-12-2007, 10:37 AM
Boone & Crockett

I have been using the BGT Groundmax DX blind for a little over a year now. Prior to that I was using various Ameristep models. I chose the Groundmax DX because I was impressed with.....

- the overall design and construction

- the camo pattern

- the price (around $150 most places)

http://www.huntingnet.com/fieldjournal/fieldjournal_detail.aspx?nID=338

I received their most recent catalog a few weeks ago and see that they have a new model with identical width to the DX but shorter overall. I may have to pick one up as it looks like an excellent blind.
Old 04-12-2007, 10:37 AM
Nontypical Buck

The cheapest one I can find because I like to leave them out. I don't like to have to worry about an expensive one. I usually cover the blind with limbs and branches anyway, so it blends in anyhow. The blind to me is a shelter and better method of masking my movement than a natural blind. I can also sit up higher.

Tom
Old 04-12-2007, 11:13 AM

I like making my own, whether it be of natural stuff out in the woods or just using some old netting and stuffin it full of natural stuff. I could never fathom spending $150 on a blind.
Old 04-12-2007, 11:24 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: burbaust99

I like making my own, whether it be of natural stuff out in the woods or just using some old netting and stuffin it full of natural stuff.
I chose 'Other' because i will be trying to use natural blind turkey hunting this year. Double bulls are awesome though...
Old 04-12-2007, 11:39 AM

ORIGINAL: MichaelHunsucker

ORIGINAL: burbaust99

I like making my own, whether it be of natural stuff out in the woods or just using some old netting and stuffin it full of natural stuff.
I chose 'Other' because i will be trying to use natural blind turkey hunting this year. Double bulls are awesome though...
Ya, Don't get me wrong, If I could afford a DB I would buy one in a heartbeat, they are well made blinds. But until then, I'll stick to making my own, besides thats way more fun to do as well!

Quick Reply: What blind ?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.