Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Made some changes... >

Made some changes...

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Made some changes...

Old 04-11-2007, 06:13 PM

Default Made some changes...

When i posted pics of my new guardian some of the people questioned the shooting from the string and how it was pinching off the nock. Well i made some changes. I went from a 26.5" draw to a 25.5" draw with a d-loop. I wanted to post some pics to see what you pros think about my changes. Now if you say my draw is still too long remember I can only go to a 25" for the Guardian, but i have to say i am shooting some really tight groups how my setup is now.

and a close up

Old 04-11-2007, 06:18 PM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: Made some changes...

I would recommend not forcing your fingers open in your bow hand. Allow the hand to relax. Close the mouth because as mobow mentioned, the flies. Nock looks much better and safer.
Old 04-11-2007, 06:19 PM

I'm by far an expert, but I still say you're too long....But mostly, you need to relax. Your bow hand is too rigid, and while you don't want your bow arm locked out straight, that's too much bend if you ask me....So maybe if you straighten that arm out a little your DL will bebetter?? Maybe???

I was gonna mention the flies, but........I'm just sayin...
Old 04-11-2007, 06:25 PM

Thanks Mo and Rob. I took the pic in my room with no target and was a little worried about shooting a hole through the wall on accident.

Rob...i had a guy at the shop i went to today helping me shoot and he said to put more force into my bowhand. Why would he tell me that?

oh and the mouth thing...well i cant help that. It's habit from putting the arrow in the corner of my mouth.
Old 04-11-2007, 06:30 PM

I guess the force he's talking about is from push/pull.....You pull with your release hand, and push with your bow hand.....But I'm not really sure that' what he was referring to.
Old 04-11-2007, 06:30 PM
Boone & Crockett

ORIGINAL: MOmightymite

Rob...i had a guy at the shop i went to today helping me shoot and he said to put more force into my bowhand. Why would he tell me that?
The biggest flaw in most archers today is the bow hand. It should be as relaxed as can be without losing the bow. Any torque, pressure in the bow hand will esculate the loss of the arrow down range. I don't know why anyone would tell you to put more force in the the bowhand. The fingers should curl around the bow naturally, not gripped, not open but curled.
Old 04-11-2007, 06:31 PM
Boone & Crockett

ORIGINAL: mobowhuntr

I guess the force he's talking about is from push/pull.....You pull with your release hand, and push with your bow hand.....But I'm not really sure that' what he was referring to.
Agreed, that would be in the bow arm, not hand wouldn't you agree?
Old 04-11-2007, 06:36 PM

I see something that I addressed in one of my seminars last year. I'll just hold back to see if someone else sees what I see.
Old 04-11-2007, 06:41 PM

Yes, Rob, I agree.

Len, are you referring to his head leaning forward, not in line w/ his spine?
Old 04-11-2007, 06:42 PM
Nontypical Buck

Dang man, you gotta a short DL...how tall are you?

Quick Reply: Made some changes...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.