Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

boots

Old 04-10-2007, 08:04 PM
Typical Buck

Default boots

What brand boots do you guys wear while shedding and scouting. Im not talking rubber boots. I bought a pair of chippewas and they were great until I went shedding in Illinois. My feet were killing me!! The constant walking on the hill sides did them in.
Im looking for brands you may have tried and liked.
Old 04-10-2007, 08:06 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: boots

Same as hunting ..... Lacrosse
Old 04-10-2007, 08:06 PM
Nontypical Buck

I have a pair of Justins that i really like, but im sure you can find a more suitable boot for shedding/scouting...something a little more agressive

I also hunt with lacrosse and they make a great boot
Old 04-10-2007, 08:30 PM
Fork Horn

I got a pair of Danner boots and love them. Very comfortable
Old 04-10-2007, 08:31 PM
Nontypical Buck

I have a pair of rocky's that Ive had very good luck with. They are comfy, warm, and offer good support.
Old 04-10-2007, 08:34 PM

Rocky or LaCross....Red Wing are also very good, but I would give the edge in comfort to Rocky.
Old 04-10-2007, 08:34 PM

I have a few pairs of Itascas, they are cheap, and you get what you pay for.
Old 04-10-2007, 08:35 PM
Giant Nontypical

i got sick of busting 200$ boots in a season or 2. got expensive. i got a pair of hand made White's Smoke Jumpers...these boots are awesome. ive worn them for 12-14hrs straight on my feet and never felt uncomfortable. cant count the number of trees i sawed up and drug etc...i love the vibram lug sole. very agressive and all the traction you need...like them till you walk through the house after splitting wood all day..i like the 10" height..i used to wear 8"s but like the 10s. just an all around comfy boot built to MY foot

now...they arent hunting boots. they are all leather...no insulation or gortex etc..i got them mainly for everyday boots, work boots etc...i go outside during alot of my classes on hiking nature field trip type deals...you need boots but i aint walkin around campus all day with knee high rubber boots on lol.

and in my career i will most likely need my smoke jumpers to fight a wild fire or 2 im sure..but they hold up WELL. i put them through a good bit of abuse the passed 2 months sawing and dragging fire wood etc etc...little scratches...cutting pine trees got them pretty nasty lookin...but i cleaned, oiled and polished them this past weekend and they look awesome...

this summer id like to order a pair of their hunting boots with gortex...my smoke jumpers are all leather...and if you keep them oiled they will keep water out...but not forever
Old 04-10-2007, 08:39 PM
Typical Buck

Thanks Guys, Has anyone used Vasques?
Old 04-11-2007, 03:22 AM

lacross or rocky's

Quick Reply: boots

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.